Skip to content

How can I get best sale value for unwanted magic items. [Captain Bragg's sword for example]

Eadwyn_G8keeperEadwyn_G8keeper Member Posts: 541
Does it make any difference whether it has been Identified? It just seems wrong to sell Mage Robes, etc. for 1 GP and then later
find the very same robe for sale at a very high price.

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Yes, IIRC you can sell that sword for 3000 or either 1500, can't recall how much.
    Other cursed items can be sold for better price when unidentified (e.g. cursed scrolls).
    Jenzafar
  • Eadwyn_G8keeperEadwyn_G8keeper Member Posts: 541
    Oy! Guess I have missed out on @10000GP at least. Just finished Bandit Camp yesterday. Might be worth backtracking to beginning of Chap. 3. Yup, for the sake of honor if nothing else.

-Besides I would kinda like to do the Doomsayer battle again and rest a few times in Golem cave for Project Imoen. Also completely messed-up in Spiderwood with the Red Wizards. My first use of Stinking Cloud --- hilarious!! ~Fortunately without any NPC deaths but still, 3 stooges-style.
    CrevsDaak
  • casualtcasualt Member Posts: 35
    Keep the sword. It is+3 PLUS MAD BESERK so you cn deal with all mind alterinng shite,
    CrevsDaak
  • JenzafarJenzafar Member Posts: 303
    CrevsDaak said:

Other cursed items can be sold for better price when unidentified (e.g. cursed scrolls).

Derp . . . bip . . . berp . . . all these years, and I never realized that!

Thanks!
    CrevsDaak
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    @Jenzafar‌
    Jenzafar said:

CrevsDaak said:

Derp . . . bip . . . berp . . . all these years, and I never realized that!

Thanks!
    Anyway you can only sell them for 1 GP so maybe it isn't worth carrying them.
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    I would think that there would be some mage or other in Baldur's gate that would collect cursed items. Maybe he's rich and wants to get these items off the market? Or maybe he re-sells them because he knows there's a market for them? I'd bet that the girdle of Masculinity/femininity would, just as an example, be a very hot item. Scorned women everywhere would line up to turn their Exes into women, I'd bet.

Anyway, just idle speculation.
    jackjack