Skip to content

Casting Strength on enemies

Does anyone know if casting the arcane level 2 spell "Strength" (http://baldursgate.wikia.com/wiki/Strength_(spell)) on enemies actually raises or lowers their strength? I tried spawning Firkraag and battling him with and withouth Imoen casting Strength on him, and there may be a slight difference in physical attack damage (7-10 points of damage).

Comments

• BlackravenBlackraven Member Posts: 3,486
    Very creative use of that spell. (It's like casting the Cleric spell Magic Resistance on dragons and other hard-hitters). It should make a difference. I've never done this.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    elminster said:

It does bypass magic resistance and there isn't a save, so this could work.

like the Priest spell Magic Resistance. Anyway my tactic isn't taking less damage, it's NOT GETTING HIT! So I prefer lowering his MR :) with a clerical spell.
  • SwordsNotWordsSwordsNotWords Member Posts: 147
    Love this idea, very clever!
  • enqenqenqenq Member Posts: 499
    My only remark on your post is that 7-10 points is not a slight difference, it's like minus 30-40% <3
  • AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873
    Who would be very high strength opponents this would be worthwhile on? Mostly dragons?
  • BlackravenBlackraven Member Posts: 3,486

Who would be very high strength opponents this would be worthwhile on? Mostly dragons?

Dragons, Giants, Golems(?), probably a number of TOB opponents. In SCS you sometimes have fighters quaffing STR potions or clerics casting DUHM.

• casualtcasualt Member Posts: 35
    It would also reduce his to hit bonus down to +1 thereby increasing his THAC0.
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    I absolutely LOVE that creative applications of spells actually yield positive results in this game. Thanks for the suggestion.