Skip to content

Berserker->Cleric or Druid and Which Deity?

JaggedJagged Member Posts: 105
I'm about to start my a trilogy run and I've decided to take a Berserker through BGEE and dual to either a cleric or druid in BGEE2. I'm very torn between these classes so I'm looking for some opinions.

I have done a comparison of both druid and cleric only spells and man are there some good ones on each side.

For the cleric we've got Sanctuary, Animate Dead, Holy Smite, Restoration, Raise Dead, Aerial Servant and Blade Barriers. And of course the three buff spells that make the cleric a melee powerhouse.

Druids have got Insect Plague, Iron Skins, Pixie Dust, Elemental Summoning and Nature's Beauty.

I know the druid spells seem a bit light but Insect Plague, Iron Skins, and Nature's Beauty seem to make up for any other shortcomings.

A big difference seems to come down to weapon choices. My Cleric would probably dual wield FoA and DoE while the druid will have Spectral Brand and Belm.

So many great options and I would really appreciate your thoughts on the matter.

And from an RP perspective which deities would you recommend? I'm thinking Tempus for the cleric and Nobanion for the druid. Both seem to offer fun RP options.

Also, I'm sitting on a 93 roll for a berserker so the stats to dual for a druid aren't a problem. I also know a ranger/cleric would solve all my problems but it feels a bit like cheating to me. Plus I want the Keep as my stronghold in BG2 so I wouldn't dual until after Nalia's quest.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    My vote goes for Dwarven Fighter/Cleric, but if you really want those immunities, you can always edit the character in EEKeeper into a monstrously powerful multi-class Berzerker/Cleric.
  • SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    It also depends on who you'll have in your party.

I would go for the Berserker/Druid because i think it adds more flavor, and you'll be able to get some very good clerics from NPC's while druids you'll have to pick between Jaheira (Multi class, slow level) or Cernd (Who most people don't like).
  • JaggedJagged Member Posts: 105
    For BG2 I'm going to use the 4 new NPCs and Imoen so I won't bring any other divine casters.

I just can't bring myself to RP a dwarf on this run.
    If you're not going to use any other divine casters, a Berserk/Cleric would be the better choice. I personally would play a Berserker/Druid but you'll get more out of the clerics spell list.

I know you want to play with dual wield, but a quarter staff wielding Berserker/Druid is incredible powerful, you'll also be able to pick up the druid staff from the bonus merchant in cooper coronet very quickly for a powerful weapon with +1 level 5/6 spells.
  • JaggedJagged Member Posts: 105
    edited March 2014
    I'm not opposed to quarterstaff at all. I actually really like that idea of using the druid staff. Plus it seems better from an RP standpoint.
    There are some incredible powerful staffs in BG1 and BG2. You can get from Ulgoth's beard a quarter staff +3 from the start of BG1. You can also pick up a powerful +4 staff from Ribalds store in waukeens promenade, and then the druid staff from cooper coronet.

You'll be able to get hold of a +4 weapon from the moment you get out of Irenicus prison, one that you don't even have to fight a hard battle to get.
  • OzzyBotkinsOzzyBotkins Member Posts: 396
    My first play through of BG:EE was as a Human Female Chaotic Neutral Berserker/Cleric. Duel Wielding I was using Branwen portrait. and trying to role play as I think she would have been
    "Tempus Give us Victory"
  • DungeonnoobDungeonnoob Member Posts: 315
    SionIV said:

It also depends on who you'll have in your party.

I would go for the Berserker/Druid because i think it adds more flavor, and you'll be able to get some very good clerics from NPC's while druids you'll have to pick between Jaheira (Multi class, slow level) or Cernd (Who most people don't like).

If the druid can change to a dragon *rawr*,berserker dragon:)