Skip to content

BG1 Bhaal's Temple video continual loop

BogatyrBogatyr Member Posts: 1
So I've made it all the way through Baldur's Gate 1, including the tales of the sword coast expansion, only to find that when I enter Bhaal's Temple I get an infinite video loop every second or so that makes it impossible to play.

I've tried disabling videos, since this would be little real loss if it will let me complete the game. I've tried going to baldur.ini and changing the "=1" near the video names to "=0", and saving the results. I've also tried typing "Disable movies=1". I've never actually tried to use the baldur.ini section until now, so I don't know if I'm doing it right, or if my fairly modern windows XP system will even allow such changes. I've tried changing the baldur.ini file to read only, and it still doesn't seem to actually control anything. Is there a way I can disable vidoes, and if so, is this a plausible fix?

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Are you playing the original Baldur's Gate with TotSC and not Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition, right? This is for BG:EE bugs only.
    I think that adding a "[moviename]=0" line under Game Options could fix this, I am not very fond of BG1.