Skip to content

Cheats on BG EE for Mac

I cannot seem to get this to work (control + space); even after I modified the balder.ini file. I added this under the rest of the program options:

'Program Options’, ’Debug Mode’, ’1’,

It still just pauses the game when I click control + enter. Any help? Thanks!

Comments

• SkaffenSkaffen Member Posts: 709
    Try again and copy paste from

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/24795/hotfixes-workarounds-and-how-to-activate-the-console/p1

it worked for me on my mac so it's definetely possible to unlock the console.
  • herzog330herzog330 Member Posts: 6
    That didn't seem to work. I am running OSX Mavericks 10.9.2 on my Macbook Pro. I put the line in the Baldur.ini file. If you copied your .ini file into here, I could paste it (overwrite mine) and see if that works? Thoughts?
  • SkaffenSkaffen Member Posts: 709
    Sorry, travelling till the weekend :(
    Thanks for the responses. Just let me know whenever you get the chance. I appreciate it!
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    I assume you mean control + space and not control+ enter.
    Feel free to try mine though I would backup the ini file before you do so.
    Thanks, but I copied that file over my old one, quit, restarted, and it's still just pausing each time. I appreciate your help!
    I am probably at a dead-end, but any more thoughts? Thanks!
    Try a reinstall? Otherwise I'd just email support@beamdog.com about it. It sounds like it could be OS specific.
    I read another thread and figured it out. I still had BGEE open when making the changes, so it changed the .ini file every time I tried to make the changes. I closed the game, then made the changes. Now it works. Thank you guys for your help.
    jackjackelminster