Skip to content

I want to stream on twitch, need your advice and feedback :/

FranzuuFranzuu Member Posts: 3
Long story short, I want to start streaming on Twitch. I need help with getting started and improving my stream.

I'm looking to get feedback on stream quality, entertainment value and what do you think of me as a person.

On first impression:

1. Would you be a viewer of my stream?

2. If yes, how could I improve?

3. If not, what must I change for you to be more likely to do it?

4. Would you even view a gaming stream? What do you think of watching video games in the first place?!?!

5. If the problem is with me, don't be afraid to voice it.

Any piece of advice or critique you can give me. Either post it here or PM me on Twitch. Both options are ok.

My stream is here

At least come in and say hi.

Going live after posting this thread. Keep in mind that this will be my first stream (apart from a test stream), so expect awkwardness :p.

My dream is to become a full time streamer. Prepared to use every last ounce of willpower to make the necessary changes required for that to happen.

I want to stream every day and periodically will post here when I go online. I'd update every time, but I consider that spammy.

You can look at my past broadcasts if I'm not live when you see this. Go to my stream page and click on the "Videos" tab in the top right corner. It is next to the "Chat" tab.

I will post updates from my streaming venture and if I happen to stop, I'll be sure to let you know.

Comments

• FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    3. You could start by explaining what's the point?
    Loub
  • FranzuuFranzuu Member Posts: 3
    :/ I thought I made it pretty clear in my post. What do you mean what's the point?

Anyway, I steamed for 9 h 30 min. Had over 220 stream views and got 16 followers. A huge success. Was expecting maybe 1/3. Thank you all for coming by and for the feedback.

I'll be back tomorrow, If I can clear anything up then please, let me know.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Which game were you playing (I assume you were playing a game, right?)??
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    edited April 2014
    @Franzuu What's the point of spending my time watching you play a game instead of playing myself? That sounds very silly.
    CrevsDaak
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    @FinneousPJ The Best Streamers Add something to a game. My favorites are some of the Loading Ready Live Streams, like "A Swiftly Tilting Cameron" and "IDDQDerp" by Alex Steacy. Especially the IDDQDerp where Alex played a horrible game called "Prayer Warriors", that broke him multiple times. It was very amusing.

FinneousPJAristillius
  • ScotGaymerScotGaymer Member Posts: 526
    edited April 2014
    @FinneousPJ

It's the same idea as watching a Let's Play on youtube. For entertainment obviously lol.
    jackjackAristillius
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    Agreed, I either watch LPs for entertainment (Kikoskia, Necroscope86), or sometimes a tutorial, (Quill18, Arumba, etc.).
    Tutorials are pretty straightforward - help explain how to play, striking a balance between vague and overly specific.
    Entertainment is less so - it's a combination of voice acting, a sense of humor shown through commentary, and well, a pleasant voice. I also get bored when somebody swears - it gets repetitive.