Skip to content

Nordic-Celtic based party

2»

Comments

• AsyrielAsyriel Member Posts: 17
    Sweet. Let me know when you get Hamachi up and running. I'll have to download it too. I'm pretty sure it's just a virtual LAN client. Not too difficult. I've used it with Terraria before.
  • Wandering_MinstrelWandering_Minstrel Member Posts: 197
    It's running, I just do not really know what to do with it.
    Alright. PM me the network ID and password that you haves set up and we can start troubleshooting.
  • KayeldynKayeldyn Member Posts: 12
    Awesome, we have 4 party members now. Will we be using a voice chat service, or are we sticking to in game chat? Either way will be sufficient. Also a way to contact one another outside the forum should be considered.
    I like to use yahoo messenger for outside chat (I do not have a mic, I just type). Looks like hamachi works.
    Yep, tested Hamachi and it works great. I'm more of a Skype kinda guy myself, but Yahoo wouldn't be a big deal. Next we need to find a time we can meet up and start our game officially.
    The reason why I prefer yahoo messenger is because I can make the font really big (I have bad eye sight) without it being big on the other person's end.
  • CygnusCygnus Member Posts: 44
    You mean there is no in game chat? So do you run the game windowed to use yahoo chat?
    No, there is in-game chat. For the purposes of keeping communication constant, like when trying to setup the game or if someone gets disconnected, a third-party messenger would help with that.
  • CygnusCygnus Member Posts: 44
    edited March 2014
    Oh OK thanks, so we will use in game chat while playing, but keep Yahoo in reserve in case of emergencies.

Just to restate my availability - any evening except Wednesday, 8PM to midnight US eastern time. Strict midnight limit because i have to get up early, even on weekends.

So am I going to have to figure out this Hamachi program and install it? Or is that just for the host?
    Yes. I was trying to use hamachi last night for a different group but it was not working for us. So I had to use my Ip address for other people to join.
  • KayeldynKayeldyn Member Posts: 12
    edited March 2014
    Okay, Yahoo sounds good. I'm available anytime, so I'll grab yahoo and add everybody if you want to pm me your screen-names.

Edit: Nevermind. You MUST have a mobile number to make a Yahoo! account now. I've never had a need for a cell phone, so I won't be using yahoo ever again.
    Post edited by Kayeldyn on
  • jlballard24jlballard24 Member Posts: 21
    are you still looking for more players?
  • uglyducklynnuglyducklynn Member Posts: 61
    I've played multiplayer just using BG:EE as is, we just needed to find the right person to join at the right time/certain hosts, etc.

I might be interested in playing as a Totemic Druid or something similar. If you are still looking for people, that is. I haven't used Hamachi before but shouldn't be a problem to use. I have a Skype to use for third party messaging, and prefer to not use a mic. I am CST (US). Not much experience in the druid department, but have been interested for quite some time.

Would the nordic/celtic theme reduce us to spear, long/short sword, axes, daggers, bows and the like? Or would it be pretty open minus the obvious weapons as stated earlier?
    I still want to play but I am out of town until Sunday. Hopefully we can start a game by then. As far as weapons are concerned scimitars and katanaas are out.
  • notonoto Member Posts: 14
    Hey i'd be intrested to join up if you guys are still looking for a party member. I'm available from 3pm EST to late into the night.
    I am anxious to start this game. I might uninstall the few mods I have in case nobody else is using any mods.
  • notonoto Member Posts: 14
    Not sure about everyone else, but I just run straight BG1:EE with no mods, and when would you like to start this game if you're planning on doing it today?
    edited April 2014
    I am available early evening to around midnight, more so starting mid to late May. I do have the original BG1 movies installed for BGEE, removed the xp cap, have Rogue Rebalancing and some parts of aTweaks.