Skip to content

Dual-classing issue for Fighter/Assassin

LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
In a BGEE game I created a dual-classed Assassin2/Fighter 5 that is now Fighter 5 who has 75 in Pick Locks, but when I try clicking on the mask icon for her Thieving skills to open locks it doesn't do anything. I should see the mask icon outline in red and a lock icon appear for the cursor. It doesn't activate as such. This is evidently a bug.

Any creative ideas how I might try to fix this using an editing tool? It's been ages since I noodled around with NI, I'm only using EE Keeper but I guess I could take a crack at NI.

I suppose I could compensate for the lack of that skill in the Assassin/Fighter by assigning 75 in picking locks to the other thief I have in the game via EE Keeper. This may well be the simplest solution.

Anyway, I'd appreciate suggestions. Thanking you in advance.

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Are you wearing heavy armor?
    About Thieving abilities and editors: EEKeeper does the same as NI for particularly this, just much more user-friendly.
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    edited April 2014
    Thanks @Crevs. Yeah, that was it. She was wearing full plate. Problem solved. Thanks again!

Wow, it's been a long time since I created a Fighter/Thief that could wear plate mail. I'm typically using NPCs for thieving abilities, and I've never even thought to put any of them in plate. And I think the last PC I created with thieving abilities was a half-orc Cleric/Thief--and that was around four or five years ago.

She is at -1 AC in Fallorain's plate mail and equipping a large shield. However, she's in the back row hurling darts with grand mastery, and sometimes poisoning them. There's really no need for her to wear that armor, I guess.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    @‌Lemernis I recommend using Drizzt's Mithral Chain Mail+4, it lets you use Thieving skills.
    Or the Elven Chain mail you can get in Dorn's quest, but that last one gives worst AC and more penalty to thieving skills.
    And I get why this happens: 1.2000's buttons aren't very different when they can/cannot be activated.