Skip to content

Charname`s life after TOB

Not being a Hall of Fame, what people does with the Charnames that ends ToB? That's it for them, they retire? did somebody try to do a playtrough with their six last players all together, even at their levels? On Black Pits maybe? Was it fun?

Comments

• BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    edited April 2014
    Any further playing with a character who had completed ToB would be terribly boring. ToB is the end. The character epilogues are all written to reflect that. Every story needs beginning-middle-end. ToB is a great ending story-wise, although it leaves some to be desired as for the gameplay.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Being newly promoted to godhood sucks. Not only has the greenhorn deity to deal with divine bureaucracy (which can take aeons for even the simplest of documents), the elder gods even force you to take part in advanced holy education for at least a millennia or two. And don't get me started on those terrible flats you have to live in. Worse still is that deities use their own currency and don't accept the mortal's coins earned through church taxes.

All will fear the new (and broke) God of Murder!
  • winterswinters Member Posts: 252
    I think we need some kind Hall of Fame (Shame). Or do we have one already?
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    Just to reiterate, remember back to the first 15 minutes of BG1. Remember how the wolves scared the stuff out of you because one hit could end Charname's life? Now take that same encounter where the wolves hit for 4 points and pit them against a 10th level Fighter who has a hundred points. Compare Charname who hits on a 19 to Charname who hits on a 9 and has multiple attacks around. See how the encounter changes?

I recently restarted BG2 with a character that I thought was the one I just finished BG1 with. Turns out it was my Wizard from the latter part of ToB. "Oh, look Kobolds..... Time Stop!" End of battle. It was fun for like 5 minutes.
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    They play again with SCS and Ascension installed.

Then they die
  • SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    edited April 2014
    I imagine that my CHARNAME goes back to the sword coast. Save beregost from some bandit raids and then fail to put on his 'super ugly helm +7' that protects him against petrification. He gets petrified by a wandering basilisk and wakes up two years later in a dungeon with a female orc barbarian licking her lips at him.

Of course he'll get out of this situation, being level 40 with godlike stats and all, but he'll be scarred for the rest of his life and most probably won't ever be able to look at orc females the same ever again.
  • ZaknafeinBaenreZaknafeinBaenre Member Posts: 349
    I save them, tuck their files away on the cloud, in the hope that someday, somehow, i'll be able to upload them into a new adventure.

Realizing that is a complete fantasy, I actually just keep them as trophies to remember all the different ways I've played, defeated, and enjoyed the game
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    Hmmmm

Now I want to try and solo the black pits 2 with the blade I plan on finishing ToB with.

It seems like one of the few ways to use the character and it would give me a challenge for bp2 (never soloed anything) especially since there are no items imported.

They picked the wrong gladiator
  • elementelement Member Posts: 833
    edited April 2014
    my bg characters tend to do different things. For my mains, my mage just retires with the LI and my Bard just travels the realms trying to get rich, famous and adored. Pretty much the same as he did during the game.

I did make a bp party out of my 'legendary' char names for fun, easy but pretty cool to see them all together