Skip to content

Astral Prison: BUG all ememies on map attack at once

I'm wondering if maybe the game just got tired of me doing well...

So after freeing Haer Dalis (during which I had to reload due to a bug causing the altar with the gem to not unlock after wiping the floor with Mekrath) and the Sigil troupe being taken by the bounty hunters, I enter the planar prison.

I remember this fight being tough but it's impossible when every red ringed baddy makes a b-line for my party. Dealing with the greeting party was ok, but about ten seconds in, a second convo happens when the baddys from the east join in... no big, maybe the thrall mage triggered them somehow... wait, what is the Warden doing here??? ok, killed him, but lost a few people in the altercation and just as he's chunked, the demon and two air elementals show up to finish me off. This is way worse than any fog of war abuse I committed when I was thirteen, so turn about is not fair play in this instance.

This is NOT how the quest is supposed to go. 3 reloads and I'm getting tired of this war of attrition. Is a fix coming? Is it a patch that I missed? What's going on?

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Do you have any mods installed? Have you done any edits to your game/save? Which version of the game are you playing?
  • Ploughed_JesterPloughed_Jester Member Posts: 93
    v 1.2.2030. No mods. no edits other than adding in a potion case with eekeeper since Watcher's Keep isn't showing on my map. That shouldn't cause any issues though. I've had several issues like this but to a much more minor effect.

For instance, the golems at Nalia's keep were already red and grumpy instead of activating upon opening their specific statue containers and her aunt and the guard with her were red and attacked until I finished their dialogues. Then they were still red outside after the quest was finished.
    Could you please zip a saved game and upload it with the attach a file option that is under the comment box? Saved games are in Documents/Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition/save, I require the entire 0000000 folder.
    Here goes.
    I guess I also added a fair number of portraits, but didn't really think of that as a mod. Again, that shouldn't affect anything.
    Don't worry portraits have no affect on gameplay.
    I've fixed your game, maybe it was a bug with the creatures scripts not working or really calling for help.
    I wasn't able to replicate it sadly.
    I'll give it a shot! Thanks!
    Drat. The problem still exists.
    Alright, this is complete bs. I managed to win the fight of all fights. After the simple task of mopping up the remaining umber hulks, I get to Raelis and co and what reward do I get? Hostile Raelis, Lunisia, and Kironaldo, and no Haer Dalis to be found. Can somebody explain why all the bugs are pouring on? What gives?!
    edited April 2014
    That seems weird. Could you ran away from them and save your game and upload it? I would like to look at it now, and to fix it too.
    Edit: it could be related to this bug maybe??
    Grr... could not duplicate after actually going through the area. I reloaded the same save I used when I had the issues too, except now people stay in their locations and characters who arent supposed to be hostile arent. (also, I realize now that Haer-Dalis was missing... this time, he was there)

I solved the situation by using the workaround for the existing astral prison bug http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/25819/7163-core-astral-prison-bug-cant-leave of editing the .ini and getting the old CLUAConsole back and using the MoveToArea command. Problem is, I've completed an extra 6 hours of gameplay that I won't be re-doing. Frustrating because I'd have liked to see the issue resolved for future forum lurkers like I used to be.

Frustrating because I'd have liked to see the issue resolved for future forum lurkers like I used to be.

Yeah, I know, I tried to fix it the other time and I couldn't do so. And now I couldn't replicate it.