Skip to content

Starting a new Bg1 Rp Game. 75 point Character limit.

DJUptonDJUpton Member Posts: 20
edited April 2014 in Multiplayer
Starting up a new bg1 rp game. Thinking about enforcing a 75 point limit on characters. It's easy to beat the game with 6 maxed out characters. And i think having a 75 point limit will make for more interesting characters rp wise as well. Forcing players to rp their stats. I already have a few players interested and if you are as well just post below. Thinking about playing Fridays or Saturdays. Mst ( Mountain standard time) 6pm-whenever. If Saturday possibly during the day.
Post edited by DJUpton on

Comments

• uglyducklynnuglyducklynn Member Posts: 61
    I think enforcing some sort of point limit is a great idea. I loved when I used to play D&D that the class I could pick was dependent on my stat rolls, and think introducing a limit would greatly support the game from an RP standpoint. Hopefully there wouldn't be any min/maxing to make up for any of it, as 75 can be low for most people (But sounds fun to me) If you are still looking for able bodied players, I should be free most Saturdays and can message you with my Skype name.
  • StinkyStinky Member Posts: 39
    I'll play if it's Saturday day time (which is Saturday night for me) but 6pm MST is too late for me. I'll keep an eye on and see what happens. :)
  • CygnusCygnus Member Posts: 44
    edited April 2014
    I also agree that min/maxing should be discouraged. I would enforce a rule that no negative stat modifiers would be allowed, which means that the minimum ability scores would be STR 8, DEX 6, CON 7, INT 10, WIS 10, CHA 10. And maybe even forbid any 18's in any stat at level 1. I know many would claim that they want to "roleplay" a dumb or ugly character, but really they just want to max out the other scores.

If you wanted to go a step further and really encourage RP characters then force everyone to be human. And use a difficulty setting other than "normal" because as we all know, "normal" really means "easy". The poor monsters already have enough of a disadvantage being controlled by the AI.
  • DJUptonDJUpton Member Posts: 20
    I was thinking maybe we start in a few hours, depends when people want to play.. Minimum stat requirements sounds interesting. But playing as only human seems silly.
    Scratch that. We still need a few more people before we play.
    75 points might be a little low, it seems that's pretty much the lowest the game ever rolls. The average seems more like 80.
  • jlballard24jlballard24 Member Posts: 21
    I would play, are you still looking for other players?
    75 points is the lowest the game roles but that's the point. And ya we need more people. Hopefully next Saturday we can have a full fledge game up.
    what time zone? this saturday doesnt work for me, well this whole week isnt good. maybe next week sometime? evening is best for me
    Guys give me your Skype.
    mrbill175 (Harrison)
    Jlballard24
  • DahabachiDahabachi Member Posts: 2
    If there is a slot open please let me know. jus got back from my deployment and i would love a good rp group to play this with
    Ya dahabachi you can join. Just give me your skype.
  • DahabachiDahabachi Member Posts: 2
    dahabachi is my skype also
  • DragonLSDragonLS Member Posts: 6
    I'll join in as well. Dragonals is my skype.
    DragonLs. We already have 6 people, But if someone drops out I'll keep you in mind.
  • StinkyStinky Member Posts: 39
    What do you guys think about a bit of a survival element to up the stakes even further, like if your character dies you have to roll up a new one (except bhaalspawn).

New characters get auto leveled to match bhaalspawn experience and gear up to level of the rest of the party to keep it fair but gives everyone an oppertunity to swap personalities or have in character PVP and adds to the roleplaying drama. Just an idea!
    edited April 2014
    I think it would be OK to give players the option of rolling up a new character when they die, but I wouldn't want to force someone to do it if they can be raised and that would be their preference. I would require new characters to start at level 1, but that's just my opinion and I can go with whatever the group decides.
    I'm sorry guys but I'm going to have to drop out of this. I'm just not able to commit to being available to play regularly. Luckily the game hasn't started yet. Please go ahead and replace me with one of the folks waiting to play.
  • squalltheonlysqualltheonly Member Posts: 40
    I would like to join the party, I have never played this game in MP but I'm a quick learner. Also, by RP you guys mean role playing, right? If so, I have never done it in a game but do it sometimes in the shower or by myself lol.

I'm available for the times posted.

My Skype is squalltheonly.
  • notonoto Member Posts: 14
    I'd be interested to join if you guys are still doing this. just give me a PM back or a reply here.