Skip to content

Should I keep Anomen or Mazzy for ToB?

lethaltoconcretelethaltoconcrete Member Posts: 27
So I'm starting ToB now, and my party is gonna be...

Charname (Cavalier with Casomyr)
Rasaad
Sarevok
Imoen
Aerie

My sixth member will be either Mazzy or Anomen, but I can't decide which. Mazzy's a GM with bastard swords and has a modified STR of 21 with a belt - I was gonna give her Foebane. On the other hand, I've got Anomen wielding the Flail of Ages, plus he's almost a full class cleric (though I already have Aerie.)

Which do you think would be a better choice, from both a gameplay and a roleplaying perspective? Like, does either one of them have more content/dialogue than the other with ToB or something? What about banter with my other party members?

Thanks for any advice/info ahead of time!

EDIT: Also, this is with BP-Ascension installed, if that matters for any of the dialogue.

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited April 2014
    Tough call. Mazzy's great but you are already very fighter/warrior heavy. I'd probably go with Anomen just to have another caster (who also can get spells like Armor of Faith, Holy Power, RIghteous Magic, and Regeneration just to help him out a bit from a melee standpoint). Anomen also has more to say in ToB in general than Mazzy.
  • lethaltoconcretelethaltoconcrete Member Posts: 27
    Nice points. Reading this, I feel like you're right. And if Anomen has more to say in ToB, that only cements the decision. Thanks for the advice!