Skip to content

Gee, thanks, Neera

Wandering around Beregost. My party runs into this crazy wild mage in need of help. No problem, I think. A couple of wizards and some bandits appear. The fight is going well … until …

WILD SURGE: Oops, a gate … Is that a pit fiend?!?!?!

Why, yes. Yes it is. A pit fiend who wants to chase down and eat my level one party.

Neera got chunked within a round. We ran, but Imoen and Khalid didn't make it. Panic, first stop is Firebeard's house. Maybe he can help? Nope. The codger stays near his warm cozy fire and doesn't do jack.

Next, across the street to Feldposts. No, Marl, get away from me. I don't have time for you right now! Rest up, go back outside … and the fiend is gone.

Curiously, the demon targeted no one except Neera and my party. No commoners were harmed. They didn't even notice the beast as it trampled its way through downtown Beregost.

A fun turn, but Neera died before I had a chance to invite her to my party. Good going there, magey. :/

Comments

• lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Yeah with the recent patch Neera now can :and will: die in that battle. It makes recruiting her extremely tricky. Especially if you play no or minimal reload. Crazy wild surges aside, sometimes the guards brutally cut her down if you focus on the mage. And if you focus on the guards sometimes the mage melts her face off with a melf's acid arrow. Tsk.
  • AurorusAurorus Member Posts: 201
    She summoned a pit fiend on me in my no reload play-through with my druid in the fight against Basilus. The Pit Fiend chunked her, Basilus, and half a map of skeletons, gnolls, and wolves before disappearing. She is tough to use... especially as she has a tendency to fireball things at random, so make sure you have prot. from fire stuff on your tank (Helm of Defense... ring of fire res.). Always cast her self buff spells away from the group (as she tends to fireball herself without hurting herself) and never, never use her to buff other people, especially charname (unless you like having your sex changed or your skin turned orange). My druid was sort of trying out her romance, and she sex-changed herself... really kind of spoiled the romance thing.
  • jacobtanjacobtan Member Posts: 655
    edited April 2014
    Can't say this is really "Neera's fault".

It's a consequence of imposing BG2 mechanics on BG when it was not designed to be so.

Switching to vanilla BG is an option. I abandoned my BGEE game after reaching Chapter 6 and switched back to vanilla.
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    She reminds me of Ian from Fallout. Someone who is more dangerous to the party than the enemies you're fighting.