Skip to content

Are starting bios supposed to be blank?

Whenever I begin a game of BG2:EE, my character's starting bio is blank. In the original game, there was a lengthy bio that basically reiterated the narrative in the opening video.

Is the bio supposed to be blank in EE, or is this a bug? (sorry if this issue has been discussed before, but I haven't been able to find other threads that address this).

Comments

• meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Funny. My character always get a sorcerer bio, no matter what the class is.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    meagloth said:

@meagloth‌ the problem is with multi-class characters, and your phrase has something wrong :P
    CrevsDaak said:

meagloth said:

@meagloth‌ the problem is with multi-class characters, and your phrase has something wrong :P
    Sorry, whats wrong with the phrase, @CrevsDaak‌?
  • LoubLoub Member Posts: 471
    edited May 2014
    meagloth said:

CrevsDaak said:

meagloth said:

Sorry, whats wrong with the phrase, @CrevsDaak‌?
    Characters + get/ character + gets - you mismatched the plural and singular verbal forms of the third person.
    The bolded part, however, has no grammatical errors, unlike what the unqualified @CrevsDaak‌ might want you to believe. "No mater what the class is" is perfectly valid, given that it is merely another word order of "what is the class", although 'No matter what the class' would be equally correct, which is what I believe @CrevsDaak‌ assumed would be the norm, luckily, he has not yet surpassed his humanity and is capable of errors.
    I could also make a dissertation over Linguistic Prejudice, which is a type of discrimination tha @CrevsDaak‌ has made transparent his person is guilty of, although I doubt I have the eloquence or charisma to present such matter in an unoffensive manner.
    Given his unbound chaos and debonair, however, he will likely deny such statements and try to present his actions in such a manner that would favor himself, luckily his bolded statements hold proof that he was calling attention to them, so no matter what crime he may accuse my person of, I have an equally valid excuse for holding him in such a trial, since they can be easily misinterpreted.
    Ok,I see that, but that just a typing error; I know that's incorrect. I still wonder what @CrevsDaak‌ is talking about.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    :/
    :/

That @meagloth said that his sorcerer gets a bio no matter what the class is.
    While I understood that his sorcerer always got a sorcerer bio :/
    Silly me :/
    elminsterjackjack
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    @meagloth was saying that he always gets a sorcerer bio even when he's not playing a sorcerer.

@Loub, please be mindful of the site rules. Your last post was very rude.
    elminsterCrevsDaakjackjack
  • LoubLoub Member Posts: 471
    edited May 2014
    @Dee‌
    Understood.
    I am completely aware that I can be terribly disagreeable as well as prepotent, which stems from an utter inability to comprehend social graces for reasons I'd rather not dwell in.
    Still my own rudeness is in no clear manner violating any of the forum rules, which makes me nonplussed as to why you insisted on bringing them up.

@CrevsDaak‌
    I'm so sorry if I have offended you, like I said, I might excel in educational theories, but my own teaching methodology is... lacking (and that might be an understatement).
    Tell you what, you ever come to Porto Alegre, Baumschneis or Novo Hamburgo, I'll buy you a Bob's milkshake. An Ovomaltine one, their speciality. Or maybe some Tererê (Mate and Pineapple/Lemon juice).
    Or maybe I could present you the biggest staples in my diet: the Streuselkuchen and grape Schmier.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    The site rules talk pretty clearly about respecting the other members of the forum. Rudeness and insults are both in violation of that rule. I understand there may be extenuating circumstances, but since you are aware of the problem I will expect you to do what you need to do in order to follow the rules.
    Alright, it seems like that's an old bug. I hadn't checked in a while, it's fixed now.
    jackjack