Skip to content

REAL LIFE STATS - Mercenaries - BGEE through BG2EE (could use another sword)

StrayedMonkeyStrayedMonkey Member Posts: 146
edited May 2014 in Multiplayer
hello! myself, @winters‌ , and @Blackraven‌ have started a MP game and are looking for another person or two to join in. Feel free to jump in whenever bc it will make sense from an RP perspective. Rules and information below

** SUPER IMPORTANT** After each session, EXPORT your character. This will make sense for characters who have to step out on private business aka cant play or unavailable. (wwe will boot your character.We will go get him then boost his/her XP later when you and can play again.)

MP Game: Mercenaries
Psswd: sword4hire
General playing time: Sunday afternoon/evenings. PLUS any other times we all agree on. Casual gameplay.

---------------
GAME PLAY
---------------
-***Real life stats and class that most accurately fits you (like playing yourself). I used the following link: http://www.easydamus.com/hallofheroesstats.html
-RP: Neutral/Evil Mercenary group adventuring the sword coast in pursuit of personal gain, power and wealth. NOT cruel/sadistic. Simply a sword for hire with an adventuring mind set (makes sense for being hired for short periods of time if unable to play fully)
-Core at ALL times (You get whatever HP the game gives you at level ups, this helps balance out higher stats if u are just awesome in real life).
-Reloading: Minimal if at all to promote a more cautious/tactical approach to exploration and battles. (laggs and game crashing caused deaths are expected so no sticklers on that)
-NPCs: only use in party for quests. NOT allowed for fights unless quest specific.
- Do NOT import major magic items if new to game. use judgement. as in ...Don't import a character in Chapter 2 with boots of speed, baldurans cloak, etc...
-Most importantly have fun, not metagaming and casual game play with some extended sessions for particularly fun parts of the game.

The current party composition:
Myself - Sterling (Human), NE, Unkitted Fighter - lvl 3: Two-handed sword and long bow
@winters‌ - Winters (Human), TN ,Thief dual Mage -: xbow/ scimi
@Blackraven‌ - Korethil (Elf), CN, Cleric/Thief - club/sling

EDIT: Frame rate has to be the same for all the users so if you tried to speed up the game by editing baldur.ini make sure that it's set to 30 fps.

EDIT: If you want your character's sprite changed just PM me and I will do it. Once the game is saved with your character in it, the owner of the game (me) can manipulate anything with EE, otherwise MP will reset it when you import.

EDIT: If you are a casual player, we will drop your character off and pick him up whenever you want to jump back in (using EEkeeper to catch him up XP wise). Just like adding an NPC for the first time, the XP adjusts to party

Post edited by StrayedMonkey on

Comments

• StinkyStinky Member Posts: 39
    I may jump in and out sporadically depending on the times you play. :) Keep your post updated with your times!
  • StrayedMonkeyStrayedMonkey Member Posts: 146
    edited May 2014
    @SionIV‌ , @Cygnus‌ still interested?

edit: @CrevsDaak‌ you interested?
    Post edited by StrayedMonkey on
  • OneAngryMushroomOneAngryMushroom Member Posts: 564
    I might join if you have a set time. And if the game sessions dont run on till 2 in the morning
  • winterswinters Member Posts: 252
    Haha, the weather went to hell, or rather, Hel, so it seems that I'm on both this evening and tomorrow :/
    Hello! We are still looking for a solid 4th, and open to some occasional players. We have just completed the Nashkel Mines and collected our reward, taking care of Nimbul. We returned to Beregost to take care of Tranzig. We have discovered the location of the Bandit Camp, but are doing some minor exploration and quests before heading there!

Sterling, (myself) is a lvl 4 fighter (15,6653 xp, so about to be lvl 5). I am using Two-handed swords.
    Winters, @winters‌ , is a lvl 5 swashbuckler/ lvl 2 mage. Using Scimitars and Crossbows.
    Korethil, @Blackraven‌ , is a cleric/assassin lvl 4/4. Using Slings and Clubs.

Feel free to join! Most of the best weapons are still available, some in our inventory (; ! (Longswords, hammers, maces...)

We are without a doubt looking for a steady 4th person! Steady game play on Sundays(afternoons/nights), open to add more times during the week as everyone is available!
  • GoturalGotural Member Posts: 1,229
    I could be interested and the concept is great !

I'm assuming one must uninstall every mods he has to be able to play online ? If not, what mods are you using ?

Using the site you put in the description, I'm a Sorcerer, would it fit your party ?
  • BlackravenBlackraven Member Posts: 3,486
    Hey @Gotural, it would be great fun to have you along! I'm afraid you'd have to uninstall your mods as you say, which might interfere with other current playthroughs.
    Also, not sure if you're playing on iPad or PC. @Winters, @StaryedMonkey and I are playing on the PC, and apparently iPad players can't join the game....
  • winterswinters Member Posts: 252
    Ooh another arcane spellcaster would be great since I'm still quite amateurish :P Also I've cleared my installation from all mods, leaving only xp cap remover and l40, it causes some minor issues but nothing to really worry about.
    Oh. It's perfect ! I play on PC and I have cleaned my BG:EE setup two weeks ago. I'm exited to play with you guys !
    @Gotural‌ , welcome aboard! a 4th person is going to be awesome. Feel free to choose any class that you feel best fits being you ( i know the group would love another arcane spellcaster). Post your character stats and picture files so we can all have them to see your portrait in MP.
    edited May 2014
    Okay so I've finished my character. The test gave me Wizard or Sorcerer ex aequo but I'm choosing the Sorcerer because it's far easier to manage in a multiplayer game (I don't want to annoy you with resting to select the good spells for X fight or with the scroll scribing) and I find it funnier.

For extra flavour I kitted him Wild Mage (because honestly, which class is more fitting for the Wild Magic ? A Mage who works hard and studies all the time, or a Sorcerer who uses magic intuitively ?) it's going to be a lot of fun.

As you can see in the picture, I gave him 14,000 xp, is it alright ?

Item wise, I gave him a stack of 65000 normal darts and the Slave Ring. Are you okay with it or do you prefer a more cautious gestion of the ammo ? Is the ring okay ? Are you using Bags of Holding and if yes, do I need to have one too ?

Thanks in advance !

EDIT : I can choose the spell Friends if you wish it, the spell selection for level 1 is pretty large and with my 17 charisma it would increase it to 23 (20 is the max for the prices reductions)
  • CygnusCygnus Member Posts: 44
    edited May 2014
    Is it too late to join? I re-took the test and tried harder this time:

STR 18/00
    DEX 18
    CON 18
    INT 18
    WIS 18
    CHA 18

In my defense, I am an incredible stud in real life. Women are constantly ripping their clothes off and throwing themselves at my feet. Difficult to get through the day sometimes. ;-)
  • BlackravenBlackraven Member Posts: 3,486
    edited May 2014
    Oh my, no one is going to miss my assassin-priest with his measly 85 stat roll :(
    Doesn't matter, have got too much work to be able to play anyway...
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Cygnus said:

In my defense, I am an incredible stud in real life. Women are constantly ripping their clothes off and throwing themselves at my feet. Difficult to get through the day sometimes. ;-)

As the Lord of Chaos, only your Charisma beats me.
    STR: 20
    DEX: 24
    CON: 23
    INT: 25
    WIS: 24
    CHA: 17
  • CygnusCygnus Member Posts: 44
    edited May 2014
    Yeah well, still you are pretty hot. I'll let you hang out with me. Just don't talk too much.
    We've got a solid 4 with the addition of @Gotural‌ . We just raided the bandit camp and would gladly take person looking to jump in.

We will be going the saga so it's still early!
    hey all, we could use a 4th player for our campaign if anyone is still interested. Sundays is when we willl play, then add other days that fit everyones schedule.

right now we are just about to enter the cloakwood. we currently have a cleric/thief, a fighter, and a sorcerer. ALL classses welcome!
  • barge5633barge5633 Member Posts: 3
    Here's My Dwarven Defender

40000 XP, and absolutely 0 items. I will probably pick up a few things to use, nothing special.

Sword and Shield style and axes are my specialty.