Skip to content

Starting a new BG Saga group.

KarashiKarashi Member Posts: 38
Looking to start a new BG group to start from BG:EE and go all the way to Throne of Bhaal. I am looking to get a consistent group together that can play on a weekly basis. So far I have a buddy of mine willing to join and I would like to have at least two more people before starting but a full group would be nice if possible.

As far as play times, I want to set these games up for 2:30-6pm EST time for Wednesdays and Fridays. Days we cannot play are Saturday and Tuesdays. Rest of the week will be tentative, if all players can agree on playing on an off day that would be great. But I am mainly looking to lock in Wednesdays and Fridays for a set playtime every week (unless something major comes up for somebody then of course we can reschedule if needed.) I would like to get the first game started this friday the 25th.

For characters, I am willing to play any roll that is needed for the group and my friend is going to be rolling a wild mage. There is no theme or anything but I would prefer if we don't go to crazy with the stat rolls and would like to at least keep all char's 85 points and under. If anyone else has any preferences about group comp, stat rolls or anything at all in general, feel free to let me know, both me and my friend are pretty flexible guys, we are just looking for some other people to play with, enjoy the game and have some fun times.

I would like to use voice chat during the game as well since it generally sets a better mood and lets the games pace feel a bit more fluid. I have access to a Vent channel that I would like to use, but if people want we can use other services if available(skype, mumble, ect...).

Comments

• squalltheonlysqualltheonly Member Posts: 40
    If you could push those times to 9pm-2am EST, I could join 7 days a week. Sadly I tend to get Tuesdays and Saturdays off, which are your no-can do days :-(
  • KarashiKarashi Member Posts: 38
    Sorry to hear that friend, unfortunately I work 3rd shift and while I could change up my schedule a little bit, I could not do anything past 7pm at the latest. I do see that you found a group though, so good luck on your adventures! Make sure to have fun. :)
  • FierabrasFierabras Member Posts: 7
    edited April 2014
    Im really interested, i am from Spain, and that time is precissely my perfect time to play, my current time is EST+6 and i have to go to bed at 12, so its perfect. send me a PM or tell me how can we meet.
    I´ve a good english level so dont worry about that.
    Awesome, with you will have 3 people, but I would really prefer to have at least 4 minimum so we can each play our own chars without having to worry about npcs while still being able to keep a good pace going. The next day I know me and my buddy will be available will be Wednesday, so hopefully we can get one more person on board by then and get the game rolling.

Do you have any preferences as to what class to play? We got the mage covered with my buddy. Usually in mp games he gets roped into playing a char he doesn't want to in order to fill the group so I would prefer he gets to play what he wants this time around. I have a few characters I like to play so I don't mind filling any roll we need so feel free to pick something you will enjoy. =)
    I have to add this would me my 1st mp game, i dont really care what to play, but a fighter/cleric as the "tank" for example would be great.

PD. I may need some guidance to play mp, because i have unpatched/modded version of both EE games, if u link me a guide i can make changes before wednesday.
    You shouldn't have to make any changes to your game. As long as you have patch 1.2 installed(which it should install automatically whenever you open your game), your should be fine. I typically don't run with mods when playing mp as it is just a hassle to have everyone install various stuff on their game and get everything in synch with each other. So just keep your game at the default state and you will be good to go.

As far as connecting with each other we can just use the beamdog client that is in game, which is very straight forward and we can help you out with that if needed when we get the game rolling. Luckily it has improved itself since its launch and is quite reliable. Hell, a couple weeks ago I was in a full party with 6 people and it ran like a champ, even the quick saves were going as fast as they would in a single player game! Needless to say it was a happy moment. =)
  • deathlessdeathless Member Posts: 21
    I'll join I just bought the game
    edited April 2014
    Welcome aboard deathless! We would love to have you join our group! As of right now our first game is planned to start wed the 30th from 2:30-6pm EST. With you we now have 4 members to our group so it looks like this party is finally starting to take off. =)

Do you have any preferences on which class you would like to play? So far we have a mage and a Fighter=>cleric so it looks like we will need another fighterish or a thief character. But I don't mind rolling anything that is needed so feel free to pick anything you will enjoy.
    Post edited by Karashi on
    Debating on either importing my pure cleric necromancer or rolling an arcane necromancer for haste
    I think the best would be to begin with lvl 1 characters.
    What is the point total cap guys
    Well if we imported high level characters the beginning of the game would be far to easy. It's true that it would eventually even out with the level cap but I would prefer that we all start legit characters from level 1 and went from there. After all, the game wouldn't be any fun if it didn't have at least some challenge. =)

So far for classes we have a fighter=>cleric dual and a mage. With that in mind I think the cleric option would probably work out better for our party as they can survive relatively well on the frontline and extra heals are always nice. If you choose to roll one then I would probably roll a fighter/thief to fill our thief roll and add some extra dps to our group. Which is fine for me as it is one of my favorite classes.
  • BulBul Member Posts: 18
    If theres still room Id try to join, I tend to play tankier chars (barb , fc) but i wouldnt mind playing a backliner (archer,druid, thief) let me know if u need more.
    Greeting Bul, indeed we still have room left before we begin our first game on Wednesday. A tank character would be perfect for our group as well as we are lacking a pure tank oriented character atm. If you would like to roll a backliner a thief would work as well as I don't mind filling in any rolls we may need so make sure you pick a class that you will have the most fun with. =)

I a trying to get this group to get together on a consistent basis of wednesday and friday from 2:30-6pm EST. If those times are good for you then we would be thrilled to have you in our goup!
    what voice chat do u guys plan on using? and if u guys lacked a tank I could prolly go dwarven defender or barb. If we dont have any clerics I dont mind playing a true cleric, druid, or fc either
    I also am for lower stat totals, infact 85 is more then enough for most characters to get decent scores in there main attributes without dumpstatting.
    I have access to a vent channel so I would like to use that. We do have someone who wants to do a fighter=>cleric dual so we will have a cleric after he duals at lvl 7. Deathless also mentioned either wanting to be a cleric or a necro mage so I am unsure which class he will want to play. We can make the party work with any of those suggestions tho, now that we have 5 people joining we can have a bit more flexibility in our group comp.
    well ill just make a couple different toons and when the time comes ill decide based off what we have in the group. You can expect Ill likely be a warrior type tho
    That's fantastic, in my past experiences in mp games, people usually try to fight over being the flashy in your face characters. But in this group I've had so many people say they wanted to play a support role I was starting to get worried we would have a weak front line so this just works out perfectly! =)
    edited April 2014
    i dont really care what to build, i had a fighter/cleric on mind due to being a tanky cleric, but if we have somene interested in tanking, and another in being a cleric, i can be a full backup char like a bard, or some other fun class. I dont like the click & watch fighters :p.
    Post edited by Fierabras on
    Does anybody have an idea on which items they aim to use on there chars. Atm being dwarven defender, Im planning on spending most of bg1 with a shield (with the prevalence of archers) and either an axe or war hammer depending upon what we get and what everyone else uses. Maybe by the time were in BG2 ill have transitioned to a 2h or dualwielding but thats a bit off.
    @Fierabras I think the fighter=>cleric char would still be fine if that's what you want to play. Having multiple tanks is not a bad thing and having another healer would just mean you would have more room for defensive buffs and the like since the healing needed by the group could be split around. That being said since we do have others wanting to fill those roles feel free to jump into another call if you think you will like it. Just don't do it because you feel you have to.

@bul With the party setup forming as it is I think I will play a Fighter/thief multi. As far as proficiencies go I am a little torn between going for a backstab build and going quarterstaves for a main weapon, while picking up short bows and eventually putting points into 2h swords for carsomyr when I get uai. Or for going for a high dps build by dual wielding long swords and scimitars in the first game and picking up katanas in bg2 for celestial fury... oh the decision is killing me! But if you going to roll a dwarven defender, I would recommend starting warhammer since there is a really good one in bg1 as well as crushing damage hits pretty much everything. After that I would put points into dual wielding and go axes, after all, hammers and axes are the only thing dd can put more then 2 pips into. If you went for a 2handed spec you wouldn't get the most out of it with a dd.
    Thanks for the insight, kinda slipped my mind that dd only gets past specialized for hammer and axe, will make a few modifications to my character.
    ill set my character as a low lvl damage dealer and a long term Super tank (cleric self buffs) and healer, that way well always have a balanced frontline, and we 2 will have what we wanted :p.
    edited May 2014
    Im bored so I decided to post my char stats for u guys

Bul
    Dwarven Defender
    Exp 1310

Thaco: 17

Saving Throws:
    Death - 9
    Wand - 11
    Poly -15
    Breath - 17
    Spell - 12

Str: 18/95
    Dex:15
    Con:19
    Int:13
    Wis:10
    Cha10

HP: 17

Weapon Profs:
    Warhammer 2
    Dual Wield 2
    We are still looking for anyone interesting in joining our game. We have had 2 sessions so far but I am afraid we did not get much done due to technical issues. But we are running the game fine now by using hamachi and we are relatively sure our host's router won't break again. So we are looking to start getting some solid game sessions in from this point onward. So far we have 3 people with 100% attendance rate and one person who may still be with us, though I suspect he might have had some rl stuff pop up and am unsure if he is still on board.

Due to our technical difficulties we have only made it down to the nashkel mines and we are still very low level. We have all the necessary rolls filled so feel free to bring any class you like if you are interested in joining us. Since we are not very far in the game we may just start a new game and all start together from the beginning if we can find any other players who are interested.

We plan to have our next game start this friday from 2:30-6pm EST time. Please post or send me a pm if interested.