Skip to content

What class would you be interested in following through a no-reload blind SCS adventure?

ZaknafeinBaenreZaknafeinBaenre Member Posts: 349
So, I just started my first SCS playthrough in Baldur's Gate, and quickly suffered my first death at the hands of Silke. (She pops out stoneskin, mirror image, invisibility, horror, and sleep on my level 1 party. Neera was first to die, followed by Tiax, a pleasant surprise, then Eldoth, another surprise, and then my charname.)

This got me thinking, I cannot meta-game now. This mod has so completely re-structured the game that I cannot approach the classical encounters the way I used to.

Is nothing safe?

Would anyone be interested in following the story of a no-reload first-time SCS adventure, and if so, what class would draw the most interest? It will not be a solo run. Post a kit if you like. I will make the attempt and chronicle the adventures here, and hopefully get past Silke.
  1. What class would you be interested in following through a no-reload blind SCS adventure?30 votes
    1. Fighter
        0.00%
    2. Mage
        0.00%
    3. Sorcerer
      13.33%
    4. Cleric
        0.00%
    5. Thief
        0.00%
    6. Bard
      16.67%
    7. Druid
        6.67%
    8. Monk
      10.00%
    9. Multi/Dual-Class
      33.33%
    10. I have no interest in this
      20.00%

Comments

• meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    edited May 2014
    Or monk. How did you get Tiax at level one? Is that an SCS thing? I've never played.
    Post edited by meagloth on
  • ZyzzogetonZyzzogeton Member Posts: 526
    No Paladin or Ranger option?

Inquisitor seems ideal.

Immunity to Charm and Hold are great. Fear can be given by a Cleric. Instant Dispel Magic + True Sight seems invaluable if enemy Mages buff themselves up.

Proficiency in Shield + Mace with the Stupifier.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Mage/Thief is ideal unless you prefer Fighter/Mage.
    If you want to solo, Bards, F/M/T and F/M/C are the best.
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    edited May 2014
    Fighter 3/Transmuter. Use EE Keeper to assign the Transmuter kit after you dual to Mage. More than half of your spell slots must be dedicated to Alteration school spells.

And I recommend this selfishly because I plan to run this class soon with a motley assortment of NPCs that I don't often use. I'd be curious to see someone else's approach to what I'm doing. ;)
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    I'll give you a fair shot at this by volunteering a gnome illusionist/thief. Extra spells, shorty saves and a familiar should help you along nicely. You may want to solo for a bit to level up before grabbing party members. It's been a long time since I've played SCS (before EE) so I'm not sure kiting with a familiar will work with it but it kicks ass in vanilla!
  • ZaknafeinBaenreZaknafeinBaenre Member Posts: 349
    Alright, the results are in. It looks like Dual/Multi class is the direction I'll take. It'll be a fighter dual-classed to a mage. I need to do some research on how to use EE Keeper to add kits to dual class. Once I get that figured out, I'll start this adventure.
  • simplessimples Member Posts: 540
    druid! or maybe even druid/mage?
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    @simples There is no druid/mage.
  • simplessimples Member Posts: 540
    ee keeper
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    I believe multiclasses are hardcoded. @CrevsDaak‌ ?
  • FinaLfrontFinaLfront Member Posts: 260
    @ZaknafeinBaenre‌
    Coincidentally I'm experiencing my first run of SCS as well. I can't even begin to express how good this mod is, people!

I don't know how far you're through your run atm, so I'll just say that for the first time ever, I was forced to do a Web->Cloudkill combo. It was so friggin epic.

Every time I finish BG I've still got that unused Cloudkill scroll. Not this time.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    edited May 2014

I believe multiclasses are hardcoded. CrevsDaak‌ ?

Completely yes.
    You can create something like a Druid/Mage by making a Druid kit fit a Cleric class, and make your Cleric/Mage kitted as a druid. You can fix the XP table also, by copying the Druid part another time, deleting the Cleric part and re-naming the second Druid one to match how the Cleric one was before. I don't have the right time to implement this, but I don't think it would take more than 5 hours (you gotta create a Druid kit for a Cleric, disable Turn Undead and some other stuff to make it more accurate). The game will still register you as a Cleric no matter how many changes you make.
  • BlackravenBlackraven Member Posts: 3,486
    @Crevsdaak, yep that's how it is. One could use a savegame editor to manually assign Druid spells to a Cleric/Mage (and remove Cleric spells for game balance), but I think the game may reset all your character's spells to Cleric spells upon levelling up.
    Another option is hoping for this to happen:

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/17118/mod-faiths-of-faerun-kitpack-v0-5c-ready-for-testing/p1