Skip to content

How to handle story and Multiplayer

CladdanCladdan Member Posts: 19
Hello everyone, as the title suggests I have a question about how to handle the story when playing multiplayer. Since most of the dialogue is not spoken and has to be read, we usualy just skip it alltogether, but then we miss out on almost all immersion n' stuff. And the story is in my opinion a vital part of the game. We have tried taking turns in reading it out loud. But we always end up just skipping it anyway. I was wondering how you people handle the story elements when playing with friends. Sorry about the horrible english.

Thanks in advance n'stuff.

Comments

• StinkyStinky Member Posts: 39
    It's not a game I would enjoy if I were communicating with friends over voice and rushing through it because either one of those things would ruin the immersion of the game for me as you've suggested.

I find roleplaying your characters in the text chat lends itself to not only the story of the game but telling new stories with your individual characters. Think of the NPC Project mod but with players making up dialog on the fly for real character interaction. The only limit is your imagination.

It's hard to get right (very dependent on having a good group) but if you're all open to the idea then I'd suggest trying it and see how it goes for you.

I don't think I could enjoy a full multiplayer campaign any other way due to the nature of the game, but I can appreciate it's not everyone's cup of tea to invest the time playing that way.
  • CladdanCladdan Member Posts: 19
    I get what you're saying. I doubt me and my friends have the mindset to RP on that level though, wich is a shame.