Skip to content

Huge Ipad Problem - lost key for main quest (Please help)

Okay, so I've completed watcher's keep during SOA, wasn't easy but i did it. I dropped some old plot items in the first level of watcher's keep before i left because i figured i didn't need them anymore.

One of those was the shadow thief cellar key i need to progress with bodhi. I killed the guy who had it earlier, just while exploring. The issue is my oldest of 6 saves is right after I stepped outside to talk to the knights of the vigil. For some reason even if i go invis and they don't notice me the entrance to WK is locked, if they notice me and we talk and they enter, the entrance is locked. None of the purple side entrances go back to the first level, and all the portals either lead down a level or out.

Basically, it's irretreavable. I'm on iPad, so cheats are a not an option. Is there any way for me to reach the first level (or get a new key, resurrect gaelen to kill him again, etc etc). Never used shadowkeeper or eekeeper, don't think they work with ipad.

Pretty far in, fought hard to get this far, would hate to restart... anybody know how i can save myself? I tossed it down assuming it was an old quest item, and never thought the damn keep would lock itself for no reason (this is before reading the final scroll, as well!).

Any help would be appreciated. Teleporting would work, resurrecting the guy would work, making a new key should work but i hear even if i can use shadowkeeper the game won't recognize it.

This sucks :(

Comments

• SkaffenSkaffen Member Posts: 709
    You can transfer the savegame to a PC

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/11504/transferring-bgee-saves-to-ipad/

If you have a PC version you can continue there with EEKeeoer or console spawning / teleporting.

If not if you post the game file here and ask nicely I'm pretty sure someone will help you (not me unfortunately, travelling next three weeks)
  • SaphironSaphiron Member Posts: 9
    I don't have a pc version but a friend does. Thanks, saved my bacon! He has enabled cheats so I was able to teleport into WK1 and get the key, and then back to where i was. Apart from my portraits disappearing, there doesn't seem to be any ill effects.
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    I'm glad you could solve your problem there, but you DON'T need a PC version of BG to use eekeeper. You just need iPad version of BG and a PC (with or without BG on it).
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/476107/#Comment_476107
  • SammMSammM Member Posts: 2
    Saphiron said:

I don't have a pc version but a friend does. Thanks, saved my bacon! He has enabled cheats so I was able to teleport into WK1 and get the key, and then back to where i was. Apart from my portraits disappearing, there doesn't seem to be any ill effects.

Hi, how did your friend enable cheats?? using the Debug Mode=1 Method underneath Program Options??
    I've tried that but it doesn't work!..

help??