Skip to content

new purchase & lost on why not working

Purchased the Enhanced Version from Beamdog.com.... all I'm getting is "Verification failed due to a server error".

I've reset the password through the login screen more then twice(getting same message as above). Was that site a dung heap of crap for purchasing the game?...

what do I do?

played this game long ago.. & since my normal gaming comp blew a socket was going to play an ol game on an older comp to entertain myself till a build a new comp :)

Just trying to figure out how or what needs to be done,../sad face

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Were you charged for the game?

I just logged into the site and didn't have any issues. I'll tag @Dee and @Jalily and maybe one of them can help.
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Take a look at this: https://beamdog.zendesk.com/entries/31177918-Troubleshooting-Verification-failed-due-to-server-error-

Also, if you are using a proxy, try disabling it.
  • bpryr101bpryr101 Member Posts: 4
    thank you both, The link provided by Jalily made me go hmm,, so trying that route atm.,

THIS laptop is old as dirt itself, hence the hickup maybe.

I thought this game would be be playable on such an ol laptop to entertain myself.. instead of online poker lol. (it meets the spec.. but i think the SSL may be the ticket, will see in a bit :)

TY both /salute
    TY you was right Jali. I acquired this laptop around a month ago(i hadnt taken the time to run the windows updates)....holy hell so lacking on updates, if it was mine,,,pffttt.. im amazed how some never update
    Jali was right.. laptop with un-updated patches. tyvm for the aid. My comp blew up around 2 weeks ago... acquired this ol jewel of a laptop , till i rebuild a new gaming comp.

/salute
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    In my experience, @Jalily‌ is always right.