Skip to content

How difficult was bp2?

meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
So I'm having a really hard time bating the final battles in this, and I was wondering what everyone else though. The ai seems a lot smarter in black pits than the original campain, is that true? Winged teleport, ignoring summons, magic missile to interupts casting, ect. I have a sorcerer, blade, cleric, inquisitor, dwarven defender, and shadowdancer, which seems like a pretty solid setup, to me. I don't repeat battles, so I'm usually a little down on level and a lot down on gold, so I don't have the best gear but by no levels don't really matter. I'm also on iPad and it's lagging terribly, maybe 2fps. Which is making it take forever.
So on a scale of 1-9, how hard was it for you?
  1. How difficult was bp2?18 votes
    1. 1(hella easy)
        0.00%
    2. 2
        5.56%
    3. 3
      16.67%
    4. 4
        5.56%
    5. 5
        5.56%
    6. 6
        5.56%
    7. 7
      22.22%
    8. 8
        5.56%
    9. 9(hardest battle(s) you ever fought
        5.56%
    10. Haven't played yet
      27.78%

Comments

• FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    The last battle is very hard if you don't do any of the side quests to make it easier. Other than that, it's not that hard. HLAs, especially HLA sorcerers, are just too powerful.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited May 2014
    More accurate to say I haven't beaten it yet (entirely because I haven't touched it since release).
  • MacHurtoMacHurto Member Posts: 731
    I just webbed and later time stop + Imprisoned my way through. Very easy
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    Timestop + berserker/mage, planetar, time stop + ADHW, and it was quite easy, even if it's true that the ai is really better than the unmodded campaign.
    I played on the iPad2 and yes it's quite laggy.
  • JurisJuris Member Posts: 113
    It was hard in parts - that Vampire battle really gave me a hard time, and if you don't have weapons that can damage the Golem or Ravager those fights are impossible (really did like how they mostly did away with complete immunity in later D&D editions). By the last battle you've got Chain Contingency ADHW and Time Stop, which kinda breaks the game (not BP2's fault).
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    I shouldn't have voted:P when I did I was in a fit of rage and frustration at iPad lag and the last battles. I would probably lower my score to a 6-7, for the whole game. Once your socerer gets time stop, shapechange, and imprisonment, pretty much all the battles except for the bhaal cult and final battles are a joke.
  • MacHurtoMacHurto Member Posts: 731
    edited May 2014
    The bhaal cult battle was tough if you let that guy become the ravager. You need to kill him before that (i think I used a gazillion skull traps).

Cant remember the vampire battle :-?

The final battle i guess it is tough if you dont do the sidequests. Otherwise it is about taking the Winged down quickly, as well

But, as I said in another thread, I really liked BP2. Need to play it without imprisonment, though, for the challenge (then it will likely become a 8-9 for me :-)
  • GoturalGotural Member Posts: 1,229
    edited May 2014
    I only finished it once with a solo F/M/T and it was really simple, I nearly didn't reload. Only the Bhaal cult was terribly hard for me because I couldn't figure a way to beat the ravager with his 100% hit/dispel/stun attacks and immunity to Time Stop. I honestly had to look out for advices on this forum and I read that you could kill him before that he turns, so that's what I did with Time Stop and it went pretty well.

I really need to play with a full party now, I think it will be far more challenging.
  • Daralon87Daralon87 Member Posts: 236
    edited May 2014
    So i would to play BP 2, (not the filling station with Petroleum that´s very acid to making anabolika :-) ) and give it at my statement on german strings, i will understanding this story! (hopefully at Patch 1.3)
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Ugh, finally finished. You have to remember to close all your other applications so it doesn't lag. Not to bad with a little cheese.
  • elementelement Member Posts: 833
    my problem with bp2 was just that its difficulty was very unbalanced.

the fights are pretty strait forward but then every so often it throws something silly at you. Like the double demilich fight which can really be difficult if u haven't got stuff to deal with it. Also some spells don't work properly in my experience I had a difficult time against the vampires cus my anti undead spells weren't working.
  • elementelement Member Posts: 833
    my problem with bp2 was just that its difficulty was very unbalanced.

the fights are pretty strait forward but then every so often it throws something silly at you. Like the double demilich fight which can really be difficult if u haven't got stuff to deal with it. Also some spells don't work properly in my experience I had a difficult time against the vampires cus my anti undead spells weren't working.