Skip to content

The irony of it all

This is a confession: I love poisoning a wyvern, spider or ettercap. I also love backstabbing an assassin to death. I hate barely making it out of a tough fight, just to be hit by lightning and die an instant later. But I can still see the irony in it. :-D What's your favourite ironic moments?

Comments

• SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    My (very old) old favorite moment from BG2: (4chan story style!)
    > be Great Shadow Dragon in a forest full of Shades
    > be magnificent
    > some rag-tag bunch of misfits walks in and crap their pants and robes upon seeing me
    > mighty blows of my wings sweep them all to the feet of the columns
    > they all hidin', I'm roaring
    > one dude without a weapon seems really pissed off
    > pissed off dude walks towards me, his fists shaking
    > punches me hard and I die from that one hit
    > mighty monk, insta-slayer of dragons gets killed in a random encounter when traveling between maps :-|
  • simplessimples Member Posts: 540
    edited May 2014
    killing sarevok, surviving irenicus' dungeon and multiple vampire attacks, exposing the bridge district murderer, getting one-shotted by habib
    edit: on my way to an inn to rest, no less
  • StormvesselStormvessel Member Posts: 654
    edited May 2014
    It had to be the time I built a Wild Mage that I absolutely loved and got him to level 6 only to get stuck - I turned those Flaming Fist guys against me by killing Via w/ low reputation, and then I saved in a situation where these magic fists kept killing me and I had no escape and ended up deleting my character. "I am the law!", they said (and I was playing chaotic - does that count as irony lol?).

Come to think of it, it isn't really ironic and I wouldn't use the word "favorite" to describe it. But it sure sucked.

Edit: I even made a thread about it when it happened...

https://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/31910/i-killed-commander-vai-after-returning-from-nashkel-and-not-even-priest-bribes-work-any-help#latest

Post edited by Stormvessel on
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    I always found it ironic that a band of experienced adventurers like Mencar Pebblecrusher and his gang, fresh off some sort of epic victory and/or successful treasure hunt, end up getting killed when they least expect it - in a hotel room, after making a few nasty remarks to some ragtag-looking traveler(s) that wandered too close to their room.