Skip to content

Question regarding XP Cap Remover in BG EE and Exporting to BG2 EE

NewportNewport Member Posts: 4
Hello all, I was reading through some of the topics regarding xp cap removers and found man silmilar questions but not exactly what i needed to know. I am currently playing a fighter/thief on BG EE. I was playing the game as a loner (no party) and doing more exploring than i have ever done in any playthrough, and hit the xp cap before cloakwood. I still have quite a bit of exploring i want to do and i havent even gotten to baldurs gate yet, but now that my xp is capped a large part of me just wants to rush the rest of the game and get to BG 2 ee, but im fighting it.

So the main thing I'm wondering is if I got an xp cap remover, and leveled up past the vanilla supported levels, then imported to bg 2, would my character in the long run be weaker for it? would i miss out on lvl up bonuses? do i need a high level abilities mod also? do those abilities carry over with import? Just a knowledgeable run down on xp cap removers in relation to importing between games would be nice. thank you

Comments

• JidokwonJidokwon Member Posts: 395
    As far as I know, you should be able to import a higher level character into BG2EE just fine. He shouldn't be any weaker for it, but you might find a lot of the game too easy, though you're soloing. Even removing the exp cap in BG1EE, I highly doubt you'll reach the high level abilities. I think they start coming well after the two million mark. I believe you'll have to mod BG1EE to get those high level abilities, but, if you want them, they should carry over with an import. You can tweak your character in a lot of ways that aren't "legal" and still import everything over.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    It should work well in BG:EE until you hit 3 Millions XP, which is when you get your first HLAs.
    But with *all* of BG:EE, you can get 2 Millions if you farm and 1,6 if you don't, or course you can get up to 10 Millions XP if you keep farming, but, heh.
  • NewportNewport Member Posts: 4
    ankheg cave here i come. lol jk. ty guys. ended up biffing my char anyway im in chapter 6 of soa and im lvl 26 dragon disciple. lost a lot of interest when my level ups were reduced to +1 hp +1 lore (new spell if im lucky) and i cant dual class (didnt think it thru all the way) thinking of starting over at bg1 with all this new knowledge. thx guys