Skip to content

Sam Hulick scores music for Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition™

DanBoulosDanBoulos Member Posts: 146
edited June 2012 in Archived News
Overhaul Games is pleased to announce that Sam Hulick will be composing music for Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition™.

imageHulick is best known for scoring BioWare’s epic roleplaying games Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2, and most recently, Mass Effect 3. His original compositions for Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition will be featured alongside new gameplay content, complementing the games’ acclaimed original soundtracks.

"The music of Baldur's Gate and Baldur's Gate II was a huge inspiration for me as a composer who was just venturing forth into the world of writing music for games. So to be able to travel back in time, so to speak, and score original material for the Baldur's Gate saga is a dream come true for me.", said Sam.

You can follow Sam Hulick on twitter @samhulick. For all information regarding Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition™, visit www.baldursgate.com
Post edited by PhillipDaigle on

Comments

• SaberstormSaberstorm Member Posts: 60
    Looking forward to hearing this new soundtrack. I was amazed by the first time I played BG and then after created my first character (it was a ranger), the game began with the prologue and then boom "goose bumps" but a very very good one ^^ and it never stopped when I discovered new songs. So very curious about that.
    the startup menu (the one before the MAIN menu) music sound always made more...ehh..wanting to play it.
    if it's changed it should be in a epic style just like (or better then) the old one

• mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    ha man i love the music from the whole series and some tracks of IWD was a blast too. Realy excited about the the new music.
    the Icewind Dale 1 theme by jeremy soule is simply amazing!

• RaznalRaznal Member Posts: 3
    I'd like to have all the music on a plain audio CD.
    you're not the only one!!!
  • MobstorMobstor Member Posts: 2
    ha man i love the music from the whole series and some tracks of IWD was a blast too. Realy excited about the the new music.
    the Icewind Dale 1 theme by jeremy soule is simply amazing!

Yes it really is, one of my favorites..
  • Wonderboy2402Wonderboy2402 Member Posts: 121
    Let's here some music :30 sec samples. News has been pretty dry lately.
  • MedillenMedillen Member Posts: 632
    They need approvement before posting any samples of the game, whether it's the music, new design, interface etc...

But yeah I'd really kill somebody to hear a music sample hahaha :D
  • Wonderboy2402Wonderboy2402 Member Posts: 121
    I keep tweeting that they should and he replied that he will see what he can do.
  • DomnDomn Member Posts: 11
    @TrentOster
    so... what means "not optimal"?
  • TrentOsterTrentOster Administrator, Developer Posts: 433
    I don't think Jeremy likes me much anymore :-( I had a direction in mind and he didn't agree completely with what I wanted to do, so we had a lot of revisions before we got to the final music. I wanted some specific things for the Aribeth theme that took us a while to find. I credit Alan Miranda with managing both Jeremy and I through the completion of the soundtrack.
  • TrentOsterTrentOster Administrator, Developer Posts: 433
    I love Sam. Sam makes me very happy, he's hardworking, works exceptionally well with feedback and has really embraced the BG:EE theme and concept. You'll hear it soon enough.

-Trent
  • gesellegeselle Member Posts: 325
    I love Sam. Sam makes me very happy, he's hardworking, works exceptionally well with feedback and has really embraced the BG:EE theme and concept. You'll hear it soon enough.

-Trent
    Hey Trent, next time try to mysteriously appear with a cryptic message. A post only with a youtube link or something alike and nothing else. This would be a lot more dramatic.

• Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Sounds good. Something different from Jeremy Soule and Inon Zur. While I love their tracks, they got a bit too familiar over the decade.
  • maxomaxo Member Posts: 1
    so when the hell is this game going to actually be released?
  • Lord_ToastLord_Toast Member Posts: 7
    Before the last day of Summer which I think is Sept. 22nd.

Any chance Sam can sneak in the theme for Pool of Radiance (c-64)?
  • NWN_babaYagaNWN_babaYaga Member Posts: 732
    edited July 2012
    I remember pool of radiance for the c64 (or was it amiga?). It was my first ssi game back then. And was there any music?
    I remember pool of radiance for the c64 (or was it amiga?). It was my first ssi game back then. And was there any music?
    There was opening music on the C-64 platform. I have no idea about the Amiga version. Here is a link to the music courtesy of youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyVZghMKrVk

• NWN_babaYagaNWN_babaYaga Member Posts: 732
    haha thanks man. piep diep piep... thats a fine tune:)
  • KormanKorman Member Posts: 1
    I BOLIVE IN YOU mr. Sam! i hope he will make BG with original theme
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    I think before the end of September.

• and1and1 Member Posts: 1
    WAIT, WAIT it must be perfect!
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    WAIT, WAIT it must be perfect!
    Yep, it should be perfect!
  • paulsifer42paulsifer42 Member Posts: 267
    Yes, yes. I am into it. That being said. Gonna need more updates from this site. I con only read about Sam Hulick joining the project so many times...
    How do I agree with this more times?
  • Damage99Damage99 Member Posts: 1
    Yes, yes. I am into it. That being said. Gonna need more updates from this site. I con only read about Sam Hulick joining the project so many times...
    How do I agree with this more times?
    lol

This discussion has been closed.