Skip to content

Will leaving cause problems with my keep?

Am I in danger of loosing De'Arnise Keep if I leave to go to where Imoen is?

I've just cleared out the graveyard, and the shadow thieves have told me I need to go away to the place where they send mages to never be seen or heard from again. Think I saw at some point that there is a long period you are away. The last thing that happened at my keep was that Lord Roenall essentially threatened that he would be back. Although I try not to look things up, I looked it up and see that it's about a week before he actually does come back to try and take the keep.

I'd rather not wait around that long, especially since I've done all sidequests I can find except the circus tent (heard it was bugged), the sewer key and going back to take on the shadow dragon. Am I safe leaving? Will the flood and eventual assault on the keep wait until I get back? Many items are also stored there, and I'd rather not have to micromanage taking them all out or risking losing them. Any help is appreciated.

Comments

• JenzafarJenzafar Member Posts: 303
    In my experience the strongholds that might get messed up if you go early are the ranger one and the bard one.
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    Thief i heard could get problems, but i remember leaving and not losing it. Bloodscalp knew I was busy.
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    edited June 2014
    All stronghold time counters are put on hold when you go to Spellhold. But you'll probably receive an urgent request to return to your stronghold when you return to Amn at the beginning of chapter 6.
    Jenzafar said:

In my experience the strongholds that might get messed up if you go early are the ranger one and the bard one.

The ranger stronghold is notoriously bugged and if you somehow miss the boy who calls you back, you end up losing it (I don't know if this is fixed in BG2EE). So for Rangers, my advice is to save regularly and finish the stronghold quests before going away.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155

The ranger stronghold is notoriously bugged and if you somehow miss the boy who calls you back, you end up losing it (I don't know if this is fixed in BG2EE). So for Rangers, my advice is to save regularly and finish the stronghold quests before going away.

Not fixed. If you check in the bugs section, there's a thread with a fix by me.