Skip to content

Item editor?

SpungiSpungi Member Posts: 219
Any easy-to-use program to edit and modify items? Or create your own ones, what do I know ^^

I've wanted to try and toy around with it for a while, but haven't really been able to find a way :P

Comments

• argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,433
    There are a couple of tools out there that can modify (and create) items:
    - Near Infinity is written in Java, so you can use it on many different platforms.
    - DLTCEP is another tool for editing game resources. It is for Windows only.
    - There are also Infinity Explorer and InfinityCore (which is based on Infinity Explorer and supports BGEE). I haven't tried them out yet, so I can't say much about them.

DLTCEP attempts to hide many aspects of the internal structure from the user, so it might be somewhat easier to use for beginners. However it is slightly more difficult to set up properly. You can visit their support forum for further help.

Nevertheless, it is always useful to know a bit about the internal structures of game resources. IESDP is an attempt to describe the internal structures of game resources, spell effects, script commands and more. The item format description can be found here.
  • SpungiSpungi Member Posts: 219
    I thank you :) I'll check it out :P