Skip to content

looking for a particular cheat.

hi all
is there any cheat that enable me to instantly chose my desired party members without going to them and bringing them back all the way? (it is really annoying.)

Comments

• MetallomanMetalloman Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,975
    Uhm... I've not a total knowledge of CLUAconsole, but you can summon npc using the "createcreature", but it simply spawns another npc, it doesn't teleport it to you, so using it while the npc you want still exists somewhere in the game world could create bugs and other issues, I suppose...
  • jahes64jahes64 Member Posts: 177
    @Metalloman‌
    thanks for the suggestion, but i think summoning/creating new characters may cause extra headaches.
    so how may i instantly move my desired character to my desired location?
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    jahes64 said:

how may i instantly move my desired character to my desired location?

With NearInfinity.

This example shows how you can move Alora, for other NPCs you can use the same method.
  • atcDaveatcDave Member Posts: 2,154
    I'm no expert on the issue, but isn't there a mod that places all NPCs in easier to find locations? I seem to remember seeing this years ago.
    atcDave said:

I'm no expert on the issue, but isn't there a mod that places all NPCs in easier to find locations? I seem to remember seeing this years ago.

@atcDave both BG1 NPC Project and SCS have components to do that.
    Erg said:

jahes64 said:

how may i instantly move my desired character to my desired location?

With NearInfinity.

This example shows how you can move Alora, for other NPCs you can use the same method.
    thanks for the link.
    i used this program and edited my *.key file accordingly to what i wanted, but how may i save the file? there is no option?
    jahes64 said:

i used this program and edited my *.key file accordingly to what i wanted, but how may i save the file? there is no option?

Just close NearInfinity. If there are changes, it will ask if you want to save them.
    Erg said:

jahes64 said:

Just close NearInfinity. If there are changes, it will ask if you want to save them.
    thanks for the answer.
    i tried but failed at replacing one of my current companion with another one which i want and is not in my current party.

portrait of the companion in question is blackened and now whenever i click on the portrait, no one gets selected! now the only way to select that companion is directly clicking on him! and yet i have my previous party and none of the companions are replaced!

for this purpose, which sections of nearinfinity, is needed to be edited?
    jahes64 said:

i tried but failed at replacing one of my current companion with another one which i want and is not in my current party.

portrait of the companion in question is blackened and now whenever i click on the portrait, no one gets selected! now the only way to select that companion is directly clicking on him! and yet i have my previous party and none of the companions are replaced!

i still need the answer.
    edited June 2014
    jahes64 said:

@jahes64, I'm having difficulties understanding what you did. Can you please explain in more detail what exactly did you do, what do you want to obtain and what the problem is ?

For example, what did you mean by blackened companion. Is he dead ?

Also please, don't be vague as, for example, knowing the names of the companions in question may be important as the problem may be caused but their specific scripts or dialogues.
    OK, i want to replace garrick with viconia.
    with assumption that "*ARRICK" means garrick and "*ICONI6" means viconia, i simply changed these values of viconia to that which garrick has:

selection state
    party position (selected not in part for garrick)
    current area
    currently in party? (selected not in part for garrick)

and now the only difference that i see is this:
    garrick which was selectable with "5" on my keyboard, won't get selected when i hit "5" on my key board
    his portrait is turned to black and if i click on it, he won't get selected. and after clicking on his portrait, there won't be any green rectangle surrounding his portrait.
    the only way to select him is to directly clicking on his bulk in game's window. (he is not dead.)
    viconia is moved to this location but is not in party. (since i have 20 reputation, she will just leave if i speak with her, so i want to replace her with garrick from outside of the game)
    @jahes64, try this.

Load an unmodified save, one with Garrick still in the party, and dismiss him as usual (in-game). Now you have only 5 people in the party. Save.

Edit the savegame with NearInfinity to move Viconia to your location, but don't add her to the party yet.

Load the modified save and use CTRL+Q (in-game) to add Viconia to the party.
    Erg said:

@jahes64, try this.

Load an unmodified save, one with Garrick still in the party, and dismiss him as usual (in-game). Now you have only 5 people in the party. Save.

Edit the savegame with NearInfinity to move Viconia to your location, but don't add her to the party yet.

Load the modified save and use CTRL+Q (in-game) to add Viconia to the party.

it worked.
    thanks for the answer.