Skip to content

Thinking about doing a Playthrough of BG2:EE on my fledgling 'Tube channel, some questions.

So guys, like the topic reads, I'm thinking about doing a series on Baldurs Gate 2 a run through all the way to Mellisan (sp). However I'd like your input on a few things:

Episode Length: Ideally I don't really want to do any editing and just play the dang game, no dubstep comedy moments. I'm thinking 20 minute episodes with live commentary as I play.

Do you think I should do the first dungeon off screen? I know it's a big of a slog and at times even off putting into getting into the main game.

I know I probably won't get much hits for putting it up on YouTube but gaming and recording is how I play games now I'm not particularly interested in the e-fame otherwise I'd be making minecraft montages or something equally as ridiculous.

Interested to hear your thoughts on the matter.

Comments

• jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    As an LP consumer, (is that the right word?), I find the sweet spot for episode length to be right at or under 30 minutes. 20 is fine, though.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    I would put the first dungeon up.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Hhmmmm... I don't really watch "let's plays" so if I were to watch it you would have to make it brief, and very entertaining or interesting(e.i. Lots of good Commentary, intersting role play, or a very hardcore playthrough.) with all due respect, I have no interesting spending on the order of 50 hours(assuming you do no editing at all, though I'm not very familiar with let's plays, so I don't know how long they usually are) watching someone else do something I've already done 15 times.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    I like it much more when people play with mods and also role-play.
    I think that the LP I watched the most was @Heindrich‌'s, but he role-played a lot and was great on his own.
  • electrobanelectroban Member Posts: 57
    edited June 2014
    CrevsDaak said:

I like it much more when people play with mods and also role-play.
    I think that the LP I watched the most was @Heindrich‌'s, but he role-played a lot and was great on his own.

Yeah that's the thing I mean I don't think I'd be able to roleplay with a straight face, like I don't think I could do it, I don't know how I mean am I supposed to like pretend to be my character? How do I justify to myself the act of looking through trash, I don't think I'd look through the trash if I was playing that role, but however game mechanics tell me looking through trash = reward. How is it possible to roleplay when gameplay mechanics force certain actions upon you that in no way would you generally do. Do you make up a reason or a lie to justify your characters break in, character? How do you avoid breaking the 4th wall.

Plus how do you even like introduce your video are you like "Hail and well met travellers it's me mighty Baldwick, I just woke up again and I'm going to be awake for another 20 minutes until I pass out again" which would explain the break in episodes right? There's just no way I'd be able to do that without laughing heartily. Sorry for poor spelling.