Skip to content

Calling for Adventurers:

SethWinternightSethWinternight Member Posts: 25
edited June 2014 in Multiplayer
"I, Bri'eth Dondaeron, daughter to Vengir and Yvanna Dondaeron, would call upon adventurers of sword coast; for companionship whilst travelling, seeking adventure and making a name for myself. The crisis in the Sword Coast is dire and I fear I cannot face this alone. Therefore, I require strong men & women; warriors, mages, archers and sleuths alike; those willing to join me."

I'm looking to start up a multiplayer party that'll accompany my character as we go through BG:EE and (quite possibly) BG2:EE. Bri'eth is a half-elf ranger setting out on her own as she embraces the independence of her womanhood and is looking for adventure and exploration.

Bri'eth HERSELF is chaotic good, with proficiencies in two-handed swords and bows, so she's flexible (depending on the party dynamic). She disregards law for their incompetence, but strives to do good all-the-same. Due to past experience, she won't tolerate people who bully others and won't tolerate evil characters for long. True-neutral and up she will get along with. I use steam's version of BG:EE, so it's preferable if other players interested use steam too.

TLDR; Want to start up a multiplayer party with my character, Bri'eth Dondaeron. She's a half-elf ranger with chaotic good alignment. Prefer steam users, steam id: m4ng4man

We're looking to do a day in the weekend (saturday or sunday) and one or two days in the weekday, around 6pm (GMT 00:00)

Post edited by SethWinternight on

Comments

• TalonflightTalonflight Member Posts: 8
    "I hear you're setting out on a grand adventure. That means you'll need a thief. You never know what secrets hide behind locked doors, you know..."

I'll join you, as I commented on your old posting. If you dont want me, I suppose that's fine, I'll search elsewhere... But you seem skilled at roleplaying, and I like that.

I will be making an Elvish ranger named Arcus, who is neutral Evil but doesnt much care who he's with as long as he's able to rob most of the gold along the way. He's got a silver tongue, but even though he's technically evil he's not the type to abandon a comrade just because he doesnt like them.. he's just the type to watch an enemy writhe on a hook with a small smile on his face. He hates Stuck up paladins and pokes fun at them whenever available. He prefers a shortbow and dual Short Swords

((NOTE: I dont know if its possible, but i'd like to hint as a possible Alignment Change to Chaotic Good or somesuch over the course of his journey if you accept him.))

I use Gameranger for Baldurs Gate, but i'm not sure if its the Enhanced Edition
    //My apologies. Please disregard this post. I have discovered I only own the old versions of this game, not the Enhanced Edition
  • SethWinternightSethWinternight Member Posts: 25
    Two things I gather from your post: 1. you're trusty patches (dark souls joke) and 2. quite the thespian, which I like.

It is a shame you don't have BG:EE, but glad you show interest and I hope you have fun whoever you end up playing with :)
    Thank you. Praise the Sun!

I you've got the Original Baldurs Gate, I've decided to host a runthrough of that with hardcore roleplaying, with someone else as Gorians Ward (I hate being the main character). If you're interested, I'd welcome you. If not, thats fine.
    Sorry, I don't have a copy of the original so I stick with steam's version.
  • RansomSeraphRansomSeraph Member Posts: 8
    Hey SethWinternight.. I saw you request in Steam, sorry I couldn't reply.
    I am quite interested in playing BG EE and possibly do the whole BGEE and BGEE2 together (+ all expansions). I was also looking for a good party of Roleplayers. But l don't know if I will have the time and focus to do it.
    I am waiting for the Steam Sales to see if the games comes on sale. I will think about it more after that.
  • TarotMasterTarotMaster Member Posts: 147
    edited June 2014
    I would be interested in joining up with thee, a bit new to the roleplay aspect but i have steam and BG EE. The only downside is my play time can vary during the day, with few hours in the morning but at least 3 hours in the evening CST. Steam name is the same as my username and profile picture.
    I'll have you both added sometime this week :)
  • MarikMarik Member Posts: 6
    edited June 2014
    *A figure completely adorned in black robes slowly moves closely past you. Some time afterwards, you find an unsigned letter in your backpack. Opening the letter, you read the contents that have been written in a very fine and neat print:*

"Bri'eth Dondaeron,

As it stands, 'we' have decided to support your adventure in the Sword Coast, for it will coincide with our interests.
    A valiant mage will be arriving shortly in the Friendly Arm Inn to assist you.
    You may recognize him by his white hair, and his amethyst silver ring on his left hand."

Name: Marik XXXXXXXX
    Race: Half Elf
    Class: Cleric Mage
    Alignment: True Neutral

Description:
    Marik seems to be calm but aloof, observing situations and people from a distance.
    He seemingly has a calculating personality, but looking past this reveals someone who will always try to work for a greater good.
    When asked about his past and origins, he will tell you that he can't say, but 'not to worry, because he can be trusted.'
    Accepted your friend invite ::)
    edited June 2014
    I'm thinking sometime around 6pm (GMT 00:00) should be fairly convenient for everyone. Lemme know if it's not to your liking.

If anyone wants to RP as Gorion's Ward, then that'll be good for us :) (just for consistency). If not, we'll find a way to work around the original story.
    Post edited by SethWinternight on
  • TarotMasterTarotMaster Member Posts: 147

I'm thinking sometime around 6pm (GMT 00:00) should be fairly convenient for everyone. Lemme know if it's not to your liking.

If anyone wants to RP as Gorion's Ward, then that'll be good for us :) (just for consistency). If not, we'll find a way to work around the original story.

Sir Dwain at your service Human Calverir of Lawfull alingment.

Sir Dwain hails from Neverwinter and was forced to move due to his Brother in law "Shal-Tur" a Kensai fighter accidently messing up his left arm while in a friendly sparring match. Dwains left arm was not able to lift the heavy Halberd fast enough anymore. After recovering he desided to use a sheild and hammer instead and so went to where he assumed was Citadel Felbar but was actually Baldur's Gate to train. (His sence of direction is not all that good due to his low intellect) He is currently seeking adventure and to test his new skills.
    Bri'eth accepts Sir Dwain into the party and we're welcome to have you.
    Guys, we're still open to having more members in our party. If you're interested, feel free to leave a reply or message me over steam.

id: m4ng4man