Skip to content

Favorite Banters

Hey all!

So despite pre-ordering BG1 EE oh so long ago, I am just getting to play it now. I'm excited to jump in (still in candlekeep! the place looks great!) and I'm thinking of my party choices. I had planned to do three runs of the game (good, neutral, evil) to best make use of the new characters. Then I started thinking of the banters, you know? I know some of the old banters (possible spoilers, but Coran and Safana, the Garrick/Skie/Eldoth mess, etc) and usually planned my teams around these. Who would the new comers banter with? I don't think they can romance until BG2 EE (though I could be wrong on that) but who do they like, dislike, and all that fun stuff? Any suggestions?

And in general, who do you love putting together? I typically make my teams of one alignment (Ajantis and Yeslick get along for example) but cross aligned parties have some fun, like Edwin with Alora, or Ajantis and Xan. Who are your favorites? :)

Comments

• meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    This might help with choosing your party composition:
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/197433#Comment_197433
  • odessa333odessa333 Member Posts: 59
    Hm, can't get the hide/show stuff there to work properly. There are hidden spoilers under each tab, and I can't seem to open more than one. Odd.
    edited June 2014
    odessa333 said:

Hm, can't get the hide/show stuff there to work properly. There are hidden spoilers under each tab, and I can't seem to open more than one. Odd.

Oh, yes. Thats been an issue a long time. To see the text you can press quote, and read it I the comment section.
    Nope! That thread is locked, and I can't select quote as I don't have permission, etc, etc. Troublesome little thing, eh?
    @meagloth‌ I just noticed you're the same person posting on the other thread having the same problem lol. If it's such an issue, why don't they copy the information to somewhere without double spoiler tags? Wouldn't that solve the issue too?
    I believe this particular thread is closed, So just quote it and read it there. This issue is quite aggravating.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    edited June 2014
    But @meagloth, ordinary users get a "permission denied" message if we try to use Quote in a closed thread.
    What gallowglass said. I can't open them, and I can't quote them to use that work around. If I try to view the details with Chrome, it doesn't allow that either. I eventually found something like it on another site, but it's very poorly done for the official forums and all.
    Oh, Derrrr. My bad. I hadn't realized. Um...
    edited June 2014
    Jaily suggested this workaround in my thread:
    Jalily said:

That thread doesn't use nested spoiler tags, so you can just click "show." But if it did (and I'm guessing normal users don't see a Quote button there?), you can highlight the tag, right-click, and choose View Selection Source (in Firefox) or View -> Source (in IE). It'll look messy, but you'll be able to see all the text.

I saw that. I use Chrome, and maybe it was just me but no matter how I tried to view the source there it wasn't recognizable as English. I guess that still qualifies as messy, but not overly helpful. As I said, I did find most of the information on another site (still don't know the banters for the new NPC's) but very disappointing way to do things for this site.

At any rate, I had intended this to find out about people's favorite banters, not be all technical. Oh well!
  • TarotMasterTarotMaster Member Posts: 147
    odessa333 said:

And in general, who do you love putting together? I typically make my teams of one alignment (Ajantis and Yeslick get along for example) but cross aligned parties have some fun, like Edwin with Alora, or Ajantis and Xan. Who are your favorites? :)

I am normaly a True Neutrual kinda guy, but seeing as this is my first time playing BG1 EE, I stick with the good guys. I like seeing others get along and fighting well under a united banner.