Skip to content

Question

I know it's illegal rules-wise, but, is there a way to edit a pre-exisiting game so that I can make an Elf/Half-Elf Paladin?

Comments

• meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    ..yes I think so. @crevsdaak, @Tresset‌, and @elminster might be able help.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    For BG2ToB, install TobEx, for the EE, get BG2Tweaks.
    Also *beggar voice* Why meeee!
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    edited June 2014
    CrevsDaak said:

@Alina, if you use BG2 Tweaks v14 (the current version), you have to install it twice to prevent a bug, unless you manually update the copy of WeiDU shipped with the mod.

Also be sure to select the component "Remove Racial Restrictions for Single Classes" during installation.
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    Couldn't you do it very easily with EEKeeper?
  • atcDaveatcDave Member Posts: 2,154
    I've done it with EEKeeper, it's no biggie.
  • luskanluskan Member Posts: 269
    Erg said:

CrevsDaak said:

@Alina, if you use BG2 Tweaks v14 (the current version), you have to install it twice to prevent a bug, unless you manually update the copy of WeiDU shipped with the mod.

Also be sure to select the component "Remove Racial Restrictions for Single Classes" during installation.
    @Erg‌ What is the bug? This is the first I've heard of it and I use the BG2Tweaks.
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    edited June 2014
    @luskan, the bug only affects you in some very specific cases.

Basically, if BG2 Tweaks, during the installation procedure, asks for the language twice (once as the language you are playing BG and once as the language you want to play the mod) then all the new strings added by BG2 Tweaks will be messed up in-game.

If you don't have any problems with the strings, it's either because you installed some other mod (using a more recent WeiDU) first or because you installed BG2 Tweaks twice. In both cases, in fact, BG2 Tweaks will only ask for the language once, because the other choice has been already recorded in the file weidu.conf (in the same folder as chitin.key).

More details on the bug here.