Skip to content

Let starting a New Game in BG2EE have the same benefits of importing a saved game from BGEE.

JidokwonJidokwon Member Posts: 395
This is a request for an optional (read: *Optional*) box to be selected or not when starting a New Game in BG2EE. Selecting the box will grant the new character the same benefits of importing a saved game. Perhaps more than one box would be needed, as I'll explain further.

Whether you solo or play through BGEE with a six person party, the experience cap of 161,000 is easily reached by the end. Thus, starting a New Game in BG2EE should grant the new character 161,000 experience, instead of 89,000.

It should also grant the new character the *optional* choice of having the tomes and manuals added to their final character statistic rolls.

My final request in this thread would be to add the flags of the Golden Pantaloons or Drizzt's weapons and armor to a New Game. And I remember reading a developer comment that further BGEE game flags would be added in an future BG2EE patch that would further enhance the BG2EE game, such as Neera knowing if she's romanced a BGEE character or not. It'd be nice if these flags would also have an *optional* add to a New Game in BG2EE.

I realize that a player can add most, if not all, of the above with the EE Keeper or a bit of work with the Console, but I believe this should be a standard *optional* feature for new BG2EE games. As it is, it's like starting a new character that didn't make it through Chapter 2 from BGEE. Thank you in advance for any comments and consideration.

Comments

• SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,579
    Jidokwon said:

Whether you solo or play through BGEE with a six person party, the experience cap of 161,000 is easily reached by the end. Thus, starting a New Game in BG2EE should grant the new character 161,000 experience, instead of 89,000.

I definitely agree with this part. I think that anyone starting in BG2 should automatically begin at at least the prior game's level cap.
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    Nah. I think the fact that BG2 rewards players that took a character all the way through BG1 with extra XP, stats and items a feature in itself.
    elminsterAstroBryGuyChackJuliusBorisov
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,579
    Kilivitz said:

Nah. I think the fact that BG2 rewards players that took a character all the way through BG1 with extra XP, stats and items a feature in itself.

Isn't the ability to start off with higher (tomed) stats and possibly the gold pantaloons reward enough?
    Kilivitz
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    I guess you have a point.

I could defend a starting XP of 89,000 back when BG2 came out because you couldn't assume every single player had bought TotSC, but now you have the 161,000 cap by default.