Skip to content

SCSII Dragon fights

Hey there

I would like to know what tactics you have been using against dragons with SCSII installed. I'm not counting the "triple hit points" option.

I mean, it didn't change that much, except that now they keep constantly dispelling the party's magical defenses. The only tactic that was successful was the "lower resistance+feeblemind" trick .

In fact, I disagree with dragons casting spells at such high levels. As far as I remember, a 25th level dragon would cast spells as a medium to high level sorcerer would.

How are you guys faring?

Comments

• JurisJuris Member Posts: 113
    Just fought 'Brimstone' - Yaga Shura's surprise pet red dragon ;). I just kept downing potions of fire resistance whenever I got dispelled. Lower resistance (as you said) is a must. Breach is a must to take down weapon resistance - hitting him was probably the most effective tactic :)
    And hey, if you screw up there's always the Rod of Resurrection...
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    Hey @Juris , did you fight the previous dragons from SoA? Or Saladrex in WK?
  • JurisJuris Member Posts: 113
    SoA yes. Firkraag took a bit longer to kill but mostly because he had more hp (same tactics as above). SCS gives you more potions, so use them ;)
  • bernardchubernardchu Member Posts: 44
    edited January 2015
    I found Dragons are quite easy enemy to kill.

All you need is 3 mages, minimum 2. Casting Lower Resistance and Greater Malison. You'll probably need about 2 doses of Lower resistance, possibly 3 (hence the 3 mages tactics).

Once all that done, keep hitting the dragon with Polymorph others. And watch those dragons transform into squirrels. I've done this in just about every dragon fights. Oh... perhaps hit the dragon with some Pierce Magic and Breach to lower their defenses.

As far as protection spells for your fighter goes, Spirit Armor, Defensive Harmony, Bless, improve invisibility, Fire Resist, some potions also help such as Strength raising potions and Potion of Speed.

The fight usually doesn't drag on for too long, certainly not long enough for my fighter's health to go down too low, usually the dragon already turned to squirrel long before that happen.