Skip to content

F/M/T players

Anyone prefer 2 handed weapons over dual wielding?

Comments

• MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    Strangely enough, I have a new fighter/mage/thief whom I created recently; I gave him stats which purposely give no bonuses to anything: 15/14/14/14/11/10. Sadly, he cannot use composite longbows yet but everything else is fine. So far, I am not having him use either two-handed swords or dual-wielding, preferring the extra AC bonus from the shield.

Unfortunately, I am also trying to solo him. Given that he is currently only level 1/1/2 with 8 hit points he is dying more often than I would like but that situation will improve shortly.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    edited June 2014
    I play without the XP cap...
    ... So I go for both :)

Edit: I'd recommend Staves, Katanas and Scimitars if you want to backstab, and THS, Scimitars and Long Swords if you prefer to tank. Max out both fighting styles on both occasions.
  • GoturalGotural Member Posts: 1,229
    I like two handed weapons on my FMT sometimes, Spider's Bane in BG1 is excellent, and with UAI you can use the fearsome Carsomyr !
  • fish0331fish0331 Member Posts: 197
    edited June 2014
    I think I might run a F/M/T soon as I have about tried everything there is. Was just curious if ppl bypassed the thief's backstab in favor of a polearm or 2 hand sword in order to try something diff than dual wielding.
  • fish0331fish0331 Member Posts: 197
    I'm not talking about staves either
  • FrozenDervishFrozenDervish Member Posts: 295
    Generally I don't use a 2h unless it has specific immunities, or is a staff.
  • CaloNordCaloNord Member Posts: 1,809
    If you aren't talking about staves then the only other thing I've tried out was a halbard. Because why the hell not try it out once! Usually mine have Dak'kon and Celestial fury in BG2. In one I like Varscona and single weapon style for the extra AC.