Skip to content

add drow race

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• CaloNordCaloNord Member Posts: 1,809
    This has been mentioned a few times, I wouldn't mind it personally. Although AD&D was never designed to be played with sub races as I understand it. Might need a few more pro's and con's then just a rep hit though.

Never the less! I would love to hear the opinions of the other forumites on this as well!

On another note is adding sub races pushing the license they agreed to? As AD&D was never meant to have them? It's a 3.5ed thing?
  • ArchaosArchaos Member Posts: 1,421
    You really could pick an elf, change it's skin color and RP it as a Lesser Drow.

3.5E and Pathfinder implemented the Lesser variations of races. Like Tieflings, Aasimar, Drow etc.

Perhaps it's possible to do it with EEKeeper? The bonuses might be enabled on their own.
    I shall look into the EE Keeper idea when I get a chance and see what it does. I believe the Drow race is one of the [ Drow ] type so it doesn't turn up on the character sheet? Or am I mistaken?
    edited June 2014
    Alright, there is no Drow race option already in the game. Setting your race to a bracketed one in EE Keeper just causes your race to disappear off your character sheet as they were never designed for the player character. If you want one now I would just suggest using an elf with black skin and portrait and setting the resistances and penalties yourself with the EE Keeper. It's the best you'll get for now :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited June 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Yep :) Pretty much all you can do :) That being said it's pretty much all a sub-race would do for you anyway, you just have to do it manually.
  • SasayakiSasayaki Member Posts: 137
    Drow is a popular request, but it's hard in BG2:EE. There's a whole series of major quests that will require significant modification with a drow PC.

The races are hardcoded into the engine. It'd be fun to decouple that hardcoding, but I think that's a major project with little payoff until Adventure Y shows up.
    What is the pay off really? All it's going to be is an elf with black skin and magic resistance. We can already make that without months of hard work.
    Would major story changes be needed? If you were taken as a child and raised on the surface by Gorion you would be just as in the dark as everyone else would be when in the Underdark. (No pun intended, I get slapped by @JessicaKrystal‌ when I make puns)
  • GodKaiserHellGodKaiserHell Member Posts: 398
    edited July 2016

Post edited by GodKaiserHell on