Skip to content

[DUPE 7313] Scroll Of Retribution Not Working-- Dorns Quests TOB

xzarsrevengexzarsrevenge Member Posts: 60
edited December 2013 in Not An Issue
Hello (again) so in throne of bhaal for dorns quest in heaven or whatever when I click on the scroll of retribution there is just a jerky animation from my character and nothing happens. I see the two arrow thing over the scroll and when i click it nothing.

Is there a clua console fix for this? What do I do? I am stuck dead in my tracks in the game until I know how to proceed. Thanks in advance.
Post edited by Illydth on

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited December 2013
    Did you get the ink and sand yet? You can't do anything with the scroll without the proper tools.

Further spoiler:
    You can get the ink and sand by killing the folks standing right near the scroll. There may be a 'peaceful' way, but I didn't find it (and didn't try too hard TBH).
  • xzarsrevengexzarsrevenge Member Posts: 60
    Yeah I got the ink and sand, nothing happens when I click on the scroll. I get a jerky animation as if the character is trying to do something but is being mind controlled not to.

I tried giving the sand to different characters, reloading, reloading an earlier save still nothing.
  • Weird. I get a jerky animation also (I have a savegame right at that point, to try out different options later), but right after the animation, the dialogue pops up.
    Anyone know a console code to initiate the dialouge?
    ok so i replayed and found a "peacefull" solution and was able to change the scroll.

After killing the dragons and the petioners at the portal area there seems to be no exit. I have wandered around forever killing randomly spawned planetars and crusaders, how do I leave this area and complete the quest?
  • Beyond the petitioners, you should be able to click on one of the little mini-tower things at the foot of the stairs. I believe it's the same gate you came in through. Should have a shimmering wheel at its base.
    no there is nothing for me, I tried that. God its SO IRRITATING RAAARRRljk2nl3nk232l2

I am thinking i just may pocket plane out of there and say screw this stupid broken quest, im probably not muching much except a bit of xp anyway
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Please post a saved game where you stuck.
    Nevermind I got by the part, seems like there was some kind of time limit I was not aware of. I just cast haste on everyone and ran right to the portal and left. Too bad I had the dragons defeated too, you guys should patch that quest cause with the time limit it makes it suck--- that dragon battle is freakin awesome you should give people time to enjoy it
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    @Avenger_teambg: Take a look in the other thread, it looks perhaps like the scroll is actually "killable" through AOE damage which causes the issues listed.
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    Please push all discussion to the linked thread, moving this to Duplicate.

Workaround posted in the other thread.
  • nickbirkinnickbirkin Member Posts: 1
    I've just downloaded BG2 enhanced in the steam sale. All going well but hit the same bug.
    Did a workable solution ever come up for this bug?
    Did a patch happen?
    Cheers
    N