Skip to content

Trying to make NPC. Running into weidu issues.

elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
Like the title says I'm trying to make an NPC but I'm running into issues with Weidu. I managed to solve one earlier but this one has me stumped.

The issue seems to be the "SAY NAME1 @101 ~Yeorg~" line. But when I delete that it just takes issue with the next filled in line (SAY MORALE in this case).

Attached is my tp2 file.

I was namely just using this guide to figure this all out

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZNVRttHGVV8GOQ-CYWyTMHh-3MErQ1T_KusJkCtYtk0/edit?pli=1#

Comments

• ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    edited June 2014
    @elminster, you have to use just

SAY NAME1 @101
    and then manually create a TRA file with

@101 = ~Yeorg~
    in it. And the same for all the other strings.

Alternatively, you can have

SAY NAME1 ~Yeorg~
    in the tp2 and then use the --traify option of WeidU (from command line or bat file) to automatically replace strings with @num and create the TRA file.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Thanks for the help :)
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    I tried using a .tra to go along with my .tp2 but I could never get it to work. Ever. I wound up having to put all my strings directly in the .tp2 even when I used traify.
    edited July 2014
    So I've been trying to get the install to work and still haven't had any luck. The latest issue apparently is happening around line 34 column 1-6 (around SAY~) of yeorg.d

If someone could look through these dialogue files and point out any errors in coding I'd appreciate it.
  • Glam_VrockGlam_Vrock Member Posts: 277
    In the GoodJoinYeorg block, you've got an extra tilde before the EXIT. That's probably the cause.
    Hmm...well removing that made that line have an error lol. I can't win.
  • Glam_VrockGlam_Vrock Member Posts: 277
    Oh yeah, I think you need IF ~~ EXIT there, not just EXIT. My fault.
    edited July 2014
    But I mean to me the current formatting looks the same as three instances where I've used EXIT above it and they don't have any issues with them. So I guess I'm just confused hehe.
    @Glam_Vrock thanks for the help. Looks like you were right. :)
    This isn't really a weidu issue but I've managed to get my mod to install itself. The only problem is that the NPC does spawn and does approach my character but his dialogue doesn't trigger. Any ideas on what the cause of this might be?
  • WispWisp Member Posts: 1,102
    Make sure your entry state has a state trigger that will evaluate to true. The entry state cannot have an empty state trigger.
    Yea turns out I hadn't linked the creature file with the dialogue file. :)