Skip to content

Gnoll Stronghold Respawn Rate

SallparadiseSallparadise Member Posts: 94
edited August 2012 in Archive (Feature Requests)
I'm not actually sure if this is something you guys can even touch at all, but either way it alllows me to complain about it.
We've all been there either rescuing/killing Dynahier and we've all noticed the absolutely insane respawn rate for the gnolls thier. Leave the screen at all or let it be covered by the fog of war, 12 gnolls respawn. Go down to the pit to rescue Dynahier, 12 gnolls on both sides of you absolutely surrounding you. Trying to get out when your out of arrows and crossbow bolts,futility.

Comments

• KhyronKhyron Member Posts: 627
    I have absolutely no idea how you've managed to even make this happen. I've played through Bg1 a million times, and in 999999 of those times I've saved Dynaheir and cleaned the gnoll fortress without as much as a single respawn.. wth xD

If they'd respawn, I'd farm xp all day..
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    I've always experienced a little re-spawning, but nowhere near an amount that would worry me. As for 'farming Gnolls for XP', I see it as a very slow process (compared to other places with more XP per kill).
  • SallparadiseSallparadise Member Posts: 94
    For a level 2/3 characters stuck in tight places where all of sudden your thief or mage is being attacked, it's hell.

Sometimes, there' s not much of an issue. Other times the respawn rate is just beyond ridiculus.
  • Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
    But the fast respawn rate is what makes it fun. ;)
  • SallparadiseSallparadise Member Posts: 94
    To a degree and then irritating. High respawn rate + small walkways + bad pathfinding is a horrid combination.
    Biggest thing I hated about BG. At Gnoll Stronghold, Firewine Bridge, Ulcaster School
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    Bahaha, all three of the areas you mention are indeed horrible. I always especially despised the Firewine ruins.

I agree that the fast respawn rate adds urgency and all but it's also just plain annoying.
  • Twilight_FoxTwilight_Fox Member Posts: 448
    The respawn rate seem ok to me. That epic and its feel good to leave these places when the work is done.
  • CharlyCharly Member Posts: 5
    The latest patch nerfed the respawns.

I remember my first time, and it was a nightmare. But post patch you will rarely see any respawns.