Skip to content

Can't get Nester's Dagger (Ankegh not showing up)

ThaudalThaudal Member Posts: 37
edited November 2013 in Not An Issue
I have the quest "Quinn's Friend", in which I must go north of the witch hut at the BG bridge to slaughter an Ankegh which should drop "Nester's Dagger". I am standing north of the hut, I have not killed the ankegh previously, but it is not appearing. I have tried walking all around the map, and I have also tried resting in various positions (including north of the hut) to see if it spawned. All to no avail.

I assume this is a bug in BG:EE, but correct me if I'm wrong.

In any case, can I make that specific ankegh spawn using the console? If so, please tell me how - it is really bugging me that that uncompleted quest is there, for no fault of my own. >_<
Post edited by Balquo on

Comments

• DeviijaDeviija Member Posts: 37
    I believe I have this same issue, too. I've been all over the bridge map (Wyrm's Crossing) and cannot find the dagger. I've killed a few of the critters in the map, but nothing dropped from them aside from shells. I'll try looking again tonight to see if I missed something.
  • SliceofhellSliceofhell Member Posts: 85
    Confirm. Same problem for me.
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Not a bug, ar0900 has the ankheg. There is only one ankheg in this map.
  • ThaudalThaudal Member Posts: 37

Not a bug, ar0900 has the ankheg. There is only one ankheg in this map.

See this picture on this link?
    http://www.forgottenwars.com/bg1/ar0900.htm

Right there, on the picture, where it says "ankegh"... That's where I've been running around. A LOT. The ankegh is not there. And I have not previously killed it. Is that not a bug?
  • renaakrenaak Member Posts: 8
    I killed an ankheg there and picked up "Nester's dagger" while playing before the last patch.
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    I see it in current version as well.
  • NokkenbuerNokkenbuer Member Posts: 146
    I've had the same problem, so I just spawned the dagger. Paste the following in the CLUAConsole:

CLUAConsole:CreateItem("DAGG06")

That should fix the problem for you.