Skip to content

Falling back in love with an old favorite

Camaraderie, adventure, and steel on steel. The stuff of legends! Right Boo?

Hi all, I have been a fan of the Baldur's Gate series since the original. Of course that was years ago when my daughter (who is now grown, married, & has her own son) was just a little lass of 8 years old. My wonderful boyfriend, (we have been together off/on since 1988 & have been back together for good for almost a decade), recently purchaced the Steam versions of both these beloved games for me as a "just because I love you" present.

The wonderful thing about my family is that everyone is gamers, from my 68 year old mother to my almost 5 year old grandson & everyone in between. It delights me to no end to see my grandson enter the room, see an old game such as BG, & become intersted in playing it or at least watching "ma maw" play.

But enough of my rambling. I just wanted to stop in & say Hi.
CaloNordRavenslightCrevsDaakkaguanaronaldoelminster

Comments

• CaloNordCaloNord Member Posts: 1,809
    Hello and welcome! To our lovely little corner of the World Wide Web! :) It's awesome that your whole family plays, my mother can barely turn a computer on let alone play anything on it! :P My fiancee and I play a lot together and we have a 1 year old who will be learning before long! :D Anyway! Welcome! Enjoy one the best little communities on the internet! :)
    Xandria68elminster
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    Welcome to the community. :)

I wish I could get my parents to play BG too, but they have no concept of games or western fantasy... if pigs could fly... lol
    CaloNordCrevsDaakXandria68elminster
  • RavenslightRavenslight Member Posts: 1,609
    Welcome back! And hello to the little newest generation of BG gamer you have on your knee there as well. :)
    Xandria68
  • Xandria68Xandria68 Member Posts: 5
    Hi and thank you all for the warm welcome.

I have learned much from reading these forums since I reaquired the game. I know absolutely nothing about modding but would like to give back to the community or help with certain things. Mostly things like the cool websites that can help other, more knowledgeable people or possible share my growing collection of custom portraits (I'd have to find the artist's names for most of them though)
  • kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    Welcome to our little forum, hope you will enjoy it here and this lovely game ;).
    It so nice that your whole family playing this game, I wish mine would too but my big brother that use to play this game in the old game stop playing long ago, my mom love fantasy but just for reading not playing and the rest of the family aren't interesting in thing like that so count yourself lucky.
    Xandria68