Skip to content

<b>Using Breach on Melissan</b>

WraithguardWraithguard Member Posts: 20
My Breach spell doesn't dispel combat protections when I use it on enemies. Melissan casts stone skin in the last fight, so I cast breach on her. The readout at the bottom says Spell Protections Removed, but not Combat Protections Removed. (test 1)

I reloaded and fought again thrice, using remove magic and spellstrike, then breaching again but breach still does not remove her Combat Protections. (test 2)

So I reload again and tell one of my mages(Neera) to use Breach on me. It worked perfectly, with combat protections being removed. Readout at bottom said Spell protections removed and combat protections Removed. All the buffs were removed, on the portrait, and the animations as well. (test 3)

1 more reload leads me to try and test in on someone who isn't melissan or a party member, and I port to Amekthran where I see a soldier and a citizen crying over Saemon Haverian, who was
struck down by an angel

and I cast Breach on him, readout says, Spell protections removed but no combat protections removed (test 4)

Since I don't have any saves between SoA final battle and ToB final battle, I import my SoA final save to ToB, where I fight Ilassera, She barely puts up any protections so i decide to Breach one of her companion mages instead. Breach works perfectly, removing Combat Protections as well as Spell Protections on the Readout as well as the animations. (Test 5)

This is my first playthrough. Is Melissan being unbreachable intended? Is my game bugged? I know that Breach shouldn't remove spell protections and it doesn't, I tested with a Spell Turning on my charname, along with stone skin, stoneskin is removed but spell turning isn't.

*edit*
I haven't used any mods that affect spells or the like, just 1 or 2 cosmetic components from g3

Comments

• argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,434
    It looks like Mel doesn't want to play by the rules. She uses a special version of Stoneskin that counts as a level 8 spell of type Spell Protection instead of Combat Protection. Try using Pierce Magic or Ruby Ray instead.
  • WraithguardWraithguard Member Posts: 20
    Hmm. I guess the "Removed Combat Protections" works only if they actually have combat protections. Spellstrike should work too, right?
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,434
    Yes, Spellstrike works too, but that spell is overkill imo. You could also try your luck with Remove/Dispel Magic if your level is high enough (30 or higher).
  • WraithguardWraithguard Member Posts: 20
    Just finished the game. Thx for the help bro.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    edited July 2014
    argent77 said:

It looks like Mel doesn't want to play by the rules. She uses a special version of Stoneskin that counts as a level 8 spell of type Spell Protection instead of Combat Protection. Try using Pierce Magic or Ruby Ray instead.

Boo says: whaaaaaaaatt?!