Skip to content

Who is the best mage? Is Edwin better than Denarius?

Can I get rid of Denarius?

Comments

• meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    ... Mod?
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited July 2014
    Perhaps you mean Dynaheir. From the looks of things Denarius is a roman coin.

The answer to that would be it depends on what you are looking for in a mage. Dynaheir (with two tomes of wisdom) can dual class into a cleric. So these things aren't necessarily as cut and dry as they first might appear.

Edit: If you are talking about Dynaheir then yes you can get rid of her.
    Post edited by elminster on
    jackjack
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    Could be his PC... if Denarius is the guy you made, you would need to restart.
  • kiwidockiwidoc Member Posts: 1,437
    edited July 2014
    If you are talking about Dynaheir, if you ask her to leave, Minsc will go as well. I think Edwin is hilarious, but he is evil, and that doesn't always work with the rest of your party. Also, if I remember correctly he can't cast Identify which can get very expensive unless you have another party member who ca use that spell.
  • Demonoid_LimewireDemonoid_Limewire Member Posts: 424
    Best mage is your protagonist with proper stats and items. If you do not want a mage protagonist, though, you can always use imoen, and/or edwin, and/or zhar, and/or dynaheir. For arcane purposes.
    @mewp12‌ will you ever tell us who denarius is?
    jackjack
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    My first thought was that the OP has been watching too much Game of Thrones. Denarius kind of looks like it could be someone misspelling Daenerys.
    jackjack
  • mewp12mewp12 Member Posts: 61
    Sorry spelled it wrong. Dynaheir. Edwin would not come with me after Dynahier died so I picked up Neera.
    elminster
    Alright then. Well, Edwin is one of the strongest mages in the game, and Dynahier... Isn't. Shockingly, Minsc *will* play nice, but Edwin will leave if your reputation gets above 18.
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    All the above is true whether you are playing BGEE or BGT. Neera is new. Who? where? How good?