Skip to content

Xzar & Montaron Quest *SPOILERS*

MordiscusMordiscus Member Posts: 20
Sooo... I was returning to harper's hold to recruit Jaheira when she leaves party, and suddenly I notice a locked chest on that floor, probably my thief can't opened before and I dont even bother to do because low level picklock skills... so I tried again this time (Hexxat 130+ skill level).

And suddenly...

BAM!! Montaron real corpse was there, poor little guy, really... but Xzar was already murdered by Harper's and his quest was completed when I give him the bird. So I'm asking if I can retrieve actual corpse first and give it to Xzar instead bird??? And so what happens next with whole Harper's & Jaheira plot??

I was trying to find a previous savegame to see if I can actually open chest and do it, but nope, haven't.
Anyone experience with this???

Comments

•  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    You can't give Monty's body to Xzar, I'm afraid. I don't think it even exists until Xzar has already died.

I assume it's just to give closure as to Monty's fate after the quest for those still wondering. If you really want to save Xzar, the Quest Pack mod gives a different way to end the quest.

Sort of. It still doesn't go well for Xzar.