Skip to content

Thief Controlled and Cleric Controlled Scripts Stop Working [SOLVED]

MutantPlatypusMutantPlatypus Member Posts: 12
edited November 2013 in Not An Issue
The command keys D and V don't actually control a party member when scripts like "Thief Controlled" (theif0) and "Cleric Controlled" (cleric0) are active. A Thief will neither continuously search for traps or hide in shadows when idle. A cleric will not turn undead. For a couple days (maybe 12-ish hours or play time?) after I initially started using these scripts, they worked great. I was so excited to finally have Imoen constantly try to stay hidden and ready to backstab! But now they stopped doing their "idle" actions pressing D and V don't change their behavior. I've tried changing their scripts to something else and switching back, but that doesn't seem to work. They do seem to still engage enemies as described in the script.
Post edited by Balquo on

Comments

• prophet1prophet1 Member Posts: 172
    Haven't used the cleric one, but thief controlled is a script I've been assigning to every thief character as soon as they're recruited. No problems noted so far.

- To clarify, when you press D or V, the appropriate scripted string ("Attempting to hide in shadows/Detecting traps/Attacking enemies) actually does display, but the character's behavior does not change?
    - If there's no such text feedback at all as above, then make sure the party AI wasn't toggled off accidentally (button on the right panel)
  • MutantPlatypusMutantPlatypus Member Posts: 12
    prophet1 said:

Haven't used the cleric one, but thief controlled is a script I've been assigning to every thief character as soon as they're recruited. No problems noted so far.

- To clarify, when you press D or V, the appropriate scripted string ("Attempting to hide in shadows/Detecting traps/Attacking enemies) actually does display, but the character's behavior does not change?
    - If there's no such text feedback at all as above, then make sure the party AI wasn't toggled off accidentally (button on the right panel)

Derp. Party AI was toggled off. Thanks for your help
  • TrasdTrasd Member Posts: 62
    edited July 2014
    prophet1 said:

...make sure the party AI wasn't toggled off accidentally (button on the right panel)...

I feel like a first class idiot! I tried everything, except checking to see if it was actually turned on. I've been guilty of over-thinking a problem before and I guess the trees got in the way again.

Thanks for the sagely advice - just because it is simple and back to basics, doesn't mean it is not appreciated.