Skip to content

A little mod that converts Gesen bow to a Longbow

PrismoPrismo Member Posts: 12
Through a combination of wanting to finally learn how to mod Infinity engine games after years of sponging and my desire to play a Longbow Archer through the whole series, I give you the Gesen Longbow Conversion.

It's very simple, but was a good introduction for me to creating Weidu mods.

What it does:
- Converts the Gesen into a longbow (using the icon/pic from the Elven Court Bow)
- Changes it to a +5 weapon (I wanted to make this a ToB Cespenar upgrade, but I quickly realised that was beyond me atm)
- Also, I changed the projectile graphic from that excruciatingly slow lightning bolt to a regular speed Blue Magical looking arrow (It looks pretty badass and doesn't take until the next round to actually hit)

Let me know what you think.

Comments

• timothyfarleytimothyfarley Member Posts: 3
    Sweet!

No more Firetooth. Time to give my archer charname another go.

Thanks for making this mod.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • CaloNordCaloNord Member Posts: 1,809
    ^^^ That would actually be really cool.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    I'd recommend making all the mod a Copy existing and patch but I know it is complicated.
    If you take a look here and here you could see how it is done, but then changing usability flags is pretty complicated (when you just start doing so) with weidu.
  • PrismoPrismo Member Posts: 12
    Thanks for the feedback guys.

@timothyfarley You're welcome :)

@Sergio, CaloNord I agree that would be cool, but also incredibly daunting for a novice modder.

@CrevsDaak Is there a particular reason to use copy existing for the bow as well or is it more of a modding faux pas to just provide an edited .itm file?
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    @Prismo‌ it is mostly used to prevent your mod from removing effects or changes other mods made to that item. It isn't needed in most cases and you really don't have to, but maybe it's worth learning.
  • PrismoPrismo Member Posts: 12
    Cheers mate, I'll have a go at it.
  • CaloNordCaloNord Member Posts: 1,809
    I do love it when someone comes by with a cool new idea! :)