Skip to content

1EE. Serious Problems. Will they be solved in new patch? Or remain as is?

Demonoid_LimewireDemonoid_Limewire Member Posts: 424
Now that i replay EE, i NOTICED that i encountered certain, problems (first 2 playthroughs i was solo, and not with group). Maybe bugs? Whatever...

1) When i finish random dialogue, party members wander off all by themselves automatically, without me having had given them orders to, before or after, said dialogue. Happens almost always.

2) Sudden loss of items, on imported character, upon beginning of game. My inventory is full, the items are as they should be, and after a few seconds, with or without entering Winthrop's, they suddenly vanish; 2-3 and the rest remain, or even worse, sometimes, all at once.

3) Various lags in places and situations that they had never been present. Like during training's final test, in basement.

4) Some dialogues, like the harper's outside sorcerous sundries before fighting sarevok (for example), does not go exactly as in the original. Generally, the flow of quite a number of dialogues, is not an exact replica of the prototype game.

5) Must be my idea, but i swear, the AI has to be somewhat crappier in the EE, right? I mean, when enemies are visible, my arcane casters ALONE, WITHOUT commands, rush in all by themselves, to engage them in melee. In original, this could happen, only if and when the enemies had already reached and breached your rear flank, not when the enemy was still afar in the distance...

I do not like to nag, but i certainly find myself troubled about these issues. I certainly agree that they are neither gamebreaking, nor gamestopping, but still, they are annoying as hell. Anyone with similar experience, observations, solutions, etc...?

Comments

• meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    1. I don't think I've seen this.
    2. Well... Bg:ee doesn't let you keep items from bg2 and the black Pitts. If you import a character with say, asps nest dart(sold in BP) they won't be there when you start.
    3. Boy, try playing bg2 on the iPad. I get random lag every 20 minutes. like, real bad, to. Quick saving and restarting fixes the problem.
    4. Can't speaks to this as it's been so long since the original but I guess they did change *something*
    5. It's always been that way. Turn off A.I., or look at their scripts.
    Demonoid_Limewire
  • Demonoid_LimewireDemonoid_Limewire Member Posts: 424
    Hmmm. About 2, i solved it. You start a multi with an irrelevant protagonist (later to be deleted), and import your character loaded with Black Pits items. There you go. Everything stays as it should be. Then convert multi save to single, and that is all.

About 5, just no. I always had (and still have, am still playing the originals) the AI on, and never, not even once, did my back seat characters, march towards enemies at the other end of the screen. Not even once. It has to be an EE thing. About others, well, maybe just tolerable, or bothersome enough to be ignorable, i guess...
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806

Hmmm. About 2, i solved it. You start a multi with an irrelevant protagonist (later to be deleted), and import your character loaded with Black Pits items. There you go. Everything stays as it should be. Then convert multi save to single, and that is all.

About 5, just no. I always had (and still have, am still playing the originals) the AI on, and never, not even once, did my back seat characters, march towards enemies at the other end of the screen. Not even once. It has to be an EE thing. About others, well, maybe just tolerable, or bothersome enough to be ignorable, i guess...

Well, just change their scripts. I personally hate a.i., and micromanage everything during battle, so I don't have this problem.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    To clarify further--if you know it's intended behavior and you want to see it working differently, post it in Feature Requests. Even if it doesn't get implemented by us, the healthy community of modders should be able to help you get it working the way you want in your own game.
    elminsterDemonoid_LimewirejackjackRAM021