Skip to content

Monk paperdoll .bam (original BG2)

Dave35Dave35 Member Posts: 3
I wanted to replace the monk paperdoll with the hooded thief paperdoll, which if I understand correctly should be as simple as saving copy of CHMT2INV.BAM to the override folder and renaming it as the monk one. However, I can't find the monk's paperdoll bam in the list! All the animation bams are there, so logic says it should be CHMM1INV.BAM, but that file doesn't seem to exist. Any help appreciated!

Comments

• ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    @Dave35, to get that monk paerdoll in the original BG2 you have to install the 1PP mod.
  • Dave35Dave35 Member Posts: 3
    @Erg That mod looks good, but that's not exactly what I'm after. I just need to know what the bam filename for the monk's paperdoll is, then I can override it no problem.
    edited August 2014
    @Dave35, in the original BG2 the monk paperdoll in the inventory is probably hardcoded (maybe @Cuv can confirm if that is indeed the case, it looks like he knows a lot about animations).

The 1PP mod does not just replace the paperdolls, but it modifies bgmain.exe to unhardcode a bunch of stuff, allowing you to do things that are not normally possible.

I think that your best bet it's to install 1PP and after you can replace the paperdolls as you like. I tried what you are proposing on my BG2 install with 1PP and indeed it works, i.e. I got a monk that looks like a thief in the inventory screen.
  • CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    That one is a .PLT only I believe. However... you can make the bam with the above name, drop it in and it 'should' override the plt and use yours. :) I *think* we did some more under-the-hood stuff to allow that with any animations, but not sure if its in the 1.3 coming or not ( it *might already be in, I am not sure). I wish you luck, will try to find out more info if it doesn't work. You can test that by copying any other xxxINV.bam and renaming to see if it shows up in game.
    @Cuv, just a clarification, as it seems like you are talking about BG(n):EE.

@Dave35 is using the original BG2 and, based on my tests, dropping a modified CHMM1INV.BAM in override doesn't work unless you have 1PP.
    Oh, my bad for not reading carefully. I am afraid in that case you are down to one option: Make a new .PLT file for that animation paperdoll.
    Awesome!