Skip to content

Dragon Disciple Kit

Hey. I have a question concerning BG2. Me and my friends are running a multiplayer campaning on BG. I chose Dragon Disciple for RP reasons (And i quite like the kit so far). After we finish it up we plan on getting to BG2. But i'm wondering what higher lvl benefis does DD get in higher lvls from his kit? You know the TOB lvl of play (Lvl 21+)

Comments

• FafnirFafnir Member Posts: 232
    Same as sorcerer, afaik.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited November 2013
    Same as sorceror. From the things they get at lower levels they'll have on average about 20 more health, high fire resistance, perhaps a slight regeneration if they have 20 constitution, and slightly better AC compared to a sorceror.
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
    Vajchelor said:

But i'm wondering what higher lvl benefis does DD get in higher lvls from his kit? You know the TOB lvl of play (Lvl 21+)

Nothing. And yes, I hope they'll add somthing!
  • PokotaPokota Member Posts: 858
    edited November 2013
    is it possible to hit 20 CON before ToB? I don't think Dwarf or Half-Orc get the Sorceror base.
  • MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
    Pokota said:

is it possible to hit 20 CON before ToB? I don't think Dwarf or Half-Orc get the Sorceror base.

Starting at 18 CON, you get one from a BG1 tome, one at level 5, and one at level 15. That's 20 CON by endgame BG1 and 21 by late SoA.
  • dreamriderdreamrider Member Posts: 417
    Above the levels achievable in BGEE, DD abilities will rise to:
    100% fire resistance (+50% over BGEE level)
    +5 AC (+2 over BGEE)
    +2 Con (+1 over BGEE) (grants slow regen per Con rules; could be +3/4 with some items/events)
    8d8 breath damage dice (+3d8 over BGEE)

However, all these bumps occur before Lvl 21.

Note that as of Patch 1.2 DD breath weapon also bypasses Magic Resistance. (from start)

I wish they would start giving you more than one breath per day at higher levels, at least.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    "Note that as of Patch 1.2 DD breath weapon also bypasses Magic Resistance. (from start)"

This is true in BGEE but in bg2ee's case its bugged so that it doesn't at the moment.