Skip to content

Accidentally killed Lavok: need help!

Somehow I accidentally killed Lavok. I don’t have any saves prior to that. I want to do the mage stronghold. Is there anyway I can revive Lavok using console commands? Alternatively, could I use the console command to make the quest complete? Any advice would be useful.

Comments

•  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    How the hell did you manage to kill him? O_O He has an item which should stop him from dying. I think your game is bugged.

Go to "Documents/Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition/Baldur.exe" and add the line:

'Program Options', 'Debug Mode', '1',

Then use the console command in game C:CreateCreature("lavok01") for the 'enemy' Lavok and ("lavok02") for the 'dying' Lavok.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Wow. He actually can't be killed. Impressive.
  • krochrotkrochrot Member Posts: 3
    Thanks everyone. Using those console commands fixed my problem.
  • xzar_montyxzar_monty Member Posts: 631
    Lavok CAN be killed. There's a bug that sees to that.

If you hit him with a spell that causes lasting damage (x points per round), get him to talk and exit the room before the spell expires and then come back after getting the demon heart, he dies.

So, never, ever use Melf's acid arrow on Lavok, unless you want to go back to an earlier save or use the console.

I found this out the hard way, unfortunately.
  • iavasechuiiavasechui Member Posts: 274
    Can the bees of doom cause this glitch as well? I hope not that's my favorite thing to throw at casters...
  • wuthering20wuthering20 Member Posts: 39
    I once killed him with Jaheira's Gnasher +2. Strangely I got mage's stronghold without any problem...
  • xzar_montyxzar_monty Member Posts: 631
    edited August 2014
    @iavasechui‌: You mean the druid spell insect plague? I don't know for sure, because I've never tried that against Lavok, but it certainly fits the description, because it causes damage the same way that Melf's acid arrow does. So, without being certain, I would give a strong vote to "Yes, it can cause the same glitch".