Skip to content

Hiya! I'm new...and having bugs!

Hi! I'm new, and having bugs. Lotsa bugs. I installed the NPC flirt packs and all, and also tried to fix some...issues with the romances. Namely, I want to use my female main and still romance Aerie, Jaheria, Viconia, etc. (heck, I'd romance NALIA if it was an option)

Well...my problem? The romances don't trigger right with the Gibberlings patch I used, Shadowkeeper doesn't work on Enchanced Edition, Amonen is all frakked up...and I can't even edit Baldur.ini because I use Windows 7.

In short...

HAAAAAALP! *Elite Beat Agents Appear*

Comments

• JLeeJLee Member Posts: 650
    Greetings!

Someone more knowledgeable than I will be along, but in the interim you should download eekeeper. This is the replacement for shadowkeeper that will work for the ee games:
    Sourceforge:eekeeper

I am not sure about the mod, but you can add the line AERIEMATCH and set value to 1 to your global variables in eekeeper. I just did that to romance her with my dwarf. VICONIAMATCH, JAHEIRAMATCH, etc all can be set to 1.

Also, I am using Windows 7 and have edited .ini to enable the console. Not sure why that is not working for you?

Welcome to the forums and good luck resolving your issue.
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,433
    Welcome to the forum.

If you want to mod your game, I'd suggest to install the game outside of "C:\Program Files" or "C:\Program Files (x86)" to avoid potential problems. It isn't required though.

Editing the baldur.ini is possible. This topic for example explains how to activate the cheat console by modifying the baldur.ini.

As @JLee already mentioned, Shadowkeeper has been replaced by EE Keeper which adds support for the Enhanced Editions.

The BG2 Fixpack isn't needed anymore. I'm not even sure whether it works correctly on the Enhanced Editions. I would recommend to install the BG2 Tweak Pack however. The subcomponent "Romance Cheats" allows more genders and races to romance the original Bioware NPCs.
  • MitchellTFMitchellTF Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2014
    I know. APPARENTLY...the Tweak Pack is what frakked me over. And...I was looking in the wrong area. THANK YOU EVERYONE! I can finally get back to playing this game!

...Is there code to 'force' romances, if using a female protagonist?